Does Ford Racing make a S/C kit for 01's?

JD'S01

Established Member
Just wondering if there is a kit available or in the works from Ford that would be a direct bolt on kit like the 03. If not what are you guys running that works well. My 01 is a daily driver averaging 1,000 mi/month so reliability is key for me. I would like to run 8-10lbs of reliable boost and make 400-450 hp. Thanks in advance for the info.:beer:

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
I would reccomend Vortech to you.;-) Also the Pro Charger and Paxton Novi's would be a good choice as well.

Razor.:beer:

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by JD'S01
Just wondering if there is a kit available or in the works from Ford that would be a direct bolt on kit like the 03. If not what are you guys running that works well. My 01 is a daily driver averaging 1,000 mi/month so reliability is key for me. I would like to run 8-10lbs of reliable boost and make 400-450 hp. Thanks in advance for the info.:beer:

Well the Vortech SQ with aftercooler will give you the HP numbers and with a good tune will give you the reliability you want. I don't know how reliable the other units are but from what I've read on here they seem like good choices also...

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
No the FRPP roots style blower they offer right now is the 96-96 style. It is also a very conservative SC. Only about 6 PSI.

Saleen/Allen offers two models of SC's for the 2V. One roots and one screw(from the S281E) If that is the style you want. I've always been partial to the Vortech units myself. However, since Paxton and Vortech are now the same company either of them would be real similar I'm sure.

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
No the FRPP roots style blower they offer right now is the 96-96 style. It is also a very conservative SC. Only about 6 PSI.

Saleen/Allen offers two models of SC's for the 2V. One roots and one screw(from the S281E) If that is the style you want. I've always been partial to the Vortech units myself. However, since Paxton and Vortech are now the same company either of them would be real similar I'm sure.

Paxton and Vortech are the same company now?

Razor.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread