Does anyone run a jba catback or axlebacks?

rotarymagic

Established Member
I was wondering if the jba mufflers were straight through or chambered. If they're chambered, what is the quietest straight through muffler for offroad x setups? I plan on 18 inch length bullet resonators in the OAPs.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Kooks Axle Backs are pretty quiet...Im running them and had to remove my resonators to hear them at all.

clc44

Established Member
^ I could hear them w/o removing the resonators, but barely! Once I removed them, the volume was perfect. Getting the factory H taken out and putting in a custom after cat 3" X pipe. That will get me the tone I want. Also, someone is selling a set of the Borla Touring AB. They're quiet!

rotarymagic

Established Member
I thought "screw it" and ordered 2 Dynomax #24222 Bullets for resonators and 2 Dynomax Ultra-flo #17229 3in/3out mufflers. I didn't get their axleback kit because it's only 2.75in/2.75out. I'm going to drop my car off at the exhaust shop on Thursday (Parts guaranteed here by Wednesday night) to get this stuff installed with 3inch OAP to match the 3inch pypes offroad x I also picked up.

rotarymagic

Established Member
I may try those later if I don't like these. Is the Kooks a straight through or chambered design?

rotarymagic

Established Member
So I got the exhaust on. It's very quiet, but has a great rumble to it that is very muscle car-esque. It's a pretty sleeper setup imo. It only drones at VERY low rpms like 1200-1500, but the 1800-2200 "drone zone" doesn't drone. There is more of a quiet rumble at those rpms which isn't bad on the freeway. BTW it feels like it picked up quite a bit versus just cat deletes.

Users who are viewing this thread