Does anyone make an affordable 18"x11" rim?

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
Just as the title says.

Most 18x11's I see are all custom-made. CCW has about the best price for what you get, at least from my research.

Its not that I mind spending the money, just wish there was something more affordable out there for a DD.

68gtscode

Established Member
One option you may want to consider is having a set of cast wheels widened. You would then need to run a spacer.

I'm aware of some cheaper 10.5s that are still light, but nothing in an 11" off hand.

Matt

68gtscode

Established Member
10.5's would work.

Who makes them?

I was considering the following wheels from Enkei... I have seen pics of a few Terminators with the rpf1, and think they look pretty good. I was also thinking of the nt03+m, but I am not sure how they would look on our cars??? I do know they are very light and not too expensive. FYI, I think you would need to run a thin spacer on the back of the 10.5" nt03+m rears. I am not certain of the fitment in terms of the rpf1 wheels.

Enkei Wheels : RPF1 (Racing Series))

Enkei Wheels : NT03+M (Racing Series))

Matt

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Here is a shitty MS paint job for ya:

chopwithNT03.jpg

dlaude

Established Member
I was thinking about 18x11s also. Keep us posted. I am going to start my serious wheel research tomorrow. I am hoping for 18x11s but may just opt for 18x10.5s...

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
I was thinking about 18x11s also. Keep us posted. I am going to start my serious wheel research tomorrow. I am hoping for 18x11s but may just opt for 18x10.5s...

I have searched quite a bit- and so far, nothing.

18x11's are in a custom wheel only.

18x10.5's I have found are the S-style Saleens and a couple others.

dlaude

Established Member
I have searched quite a bit- and so far, nothing.

18x11's are in a custom wheel only.

18x10.5's I have found are the S-style Saleens and a couple others.

Hmmm, dang. I was really hoping to for some 18x11s for rear and 18x9 for front...hmmm. Well if I miraculously find some 18x11s I'll let you know, I'll be doing my research very shortly.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I was considering the following wheels from Enkei... I have seen pics of a few Terminators with the rpf1, and think they look pretty good. I was also thinking of the nt03+m, but I am not sure how they would look on our cars??? I do know they are very light and not too expensive. FYI, I think you would need to run a thin spacer on the back of the 10.5" nt03+m rears. I am not certain of the fitment in terms of the rpf1 wheels.

Enkei Wheels : RPF1 (Racing Series))

Enkei Wheels : NT03+M (Racing Series))

Matt

FYI : Tried a set of RPF1's in the 10.5 and the offset is ALL wrong for our cars. Wheels stuck out WAY to far......

68gtscode

Established Member
FYI : Tried a set of RPF1's in the 10.5 and the offset is ALL wrong for our cars. Wheels stuck out WAY to far......

This is good to know, thanks for the intel. Out of curiousity, were yours the silver or the SBC finish? It's been a while since I looked at their specs, but I believe they made different sizes/offsets in each? I could be wrong and/or their offerings changed. Thanks again,

Matt

68gtscode

Established Member
These are only 18x10 rears...but different than the overplayed Saleens/FR500/AFS you see everywhere...

A guy up here in Northern California has these wheels (or very similar ones) on his Terminator. I have seen it in person and it looks pretty good. Not the best pics, but here's a link to a local forum with pictures from last weekend's Knotts Berry Farm show... if you scroll down a ways you can see his car (white Terminator w/ CF cowl hood).

Matt

Northern California Ford Owners: Pictures from Knotts weekend

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
This is good to know, thanks for the intel. Out of curiousity, were yours the silver or the SBC finish? It's been a while since I looked at their specs, but I believe they made different sizes/offsets in each? I could be wrong and/or their offerings changed. Thanks again,

Matt

Mine were the SBC, although the "better" of the two was in the SBC finish IIRC.

http://www.enkei.com/spec_charts/RPF1.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread