Does anyone make a press-on 3.4 pulley??

03cobratech

Established Member
Lookin for that sleeper look with no chip. I did a search someone posted that a harley davidson truck has a 3.4 pulley than someone else posted the HD truck uses a 3.1 pulley?? Anybody know where i can get a presson 3.4 pulley??

Thanks
Dave

Pyro

Established Member
I think a 3.4 pulley is not worth the extra work but that's just me.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
True, your already taking that first step towards warranty denial land. "Might as well go full speed, so if you plow into a ditch your going fast enough to get up the other side." ;-)

03cobratech

Established Member
It takes 10min to install and if it adds 15-20rwhp for 70bux it would be well worth it for me.. With a 3.2 i would need a new belt and i'm pretty sure i would need a chip or something to adjust my a/f ratio...

So does anyone make one??

Dave

Last edited:

n2fords2003

Established Member
Nope, I ran a 3.2 with stock belt and no chip for a year now before adding a lower. 3.2 is perfect for everyday driving!!

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I think BilletFlow is making some newer, larger interchangable pullies for thos of us with flip chips that want to go back to stockish for those long drives......

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobratech
Lookin for that sleeper look with no chip. I did a search someone posted that a harley davidson truck has a 3.4 pulley than someone else posted the HD truck uses a 3.1 pulley?? Anybody know where i can get a presson 3.4 pulley??

Thanks
Dave

03cobratech, Harley Davidson uses a 3.4" press on from the factory. We can make any size press on pulley you want for any Eaton Supercharger. However, we also have 5 different sized DUB Interchangeable Pulleys for our unit, ranging in size from 2.80", 2.93", 3.10", 3.20" 3.40".

http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/cobra/ps_dub_system.htm

BTW, South Florida Pulley HQ is the company that did Invent the World's First Interchangeable Supercharger Unit for all Eaton Superchargers, regardless if it is a Model 45, 62, 90 or 112 . Hope this helps.

ALA G8R

Banned
I highly recommend the South Florida Pulley HQ DUB system with the 3.4 pulley. My vert picked up 23 RWHP an 14 RWTQ with the swap. A/F never got above 14:1 during my dyno pull.

Uses stock belt as well.

Peace!

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by n2fords2003
Nope, I ran a 3.2 with stock belt and no chip for a year now before adding a lower. 3.2 is perfect for everyday driving!!
I am also using the 3.2 with no chip. I did switch to a 74.5" gatorback belt though. I have been running this set up for about 6000-7000 miles with no problems. On the dyno the a/f was safe all the way. HP and TQ are in sig.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I am also using the 3.2 with no chip. I did switch to a 74.5" gatorback belt though. I have been running this set up for about 6000-7000 miles with no problems. On the dyno the a/f was safe all the way. HP and TQ are in sig.

Do you have a graph of your air fuel ratio? I am considering the 3.2. TIA:beer:

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra

Those are nice numbers for the mods you have. I have a 2.93 and thinking of going down in boost to a 3.1. Since I dont have a chip, I've had to drive relatively conservative and continually monitor my plugs for detonation. To date, there is no sign of detonation but then I've never been to the track and rarely go WOT. If I go to a 3.1, I should be safe.

Does anyone know the difference in rwhp between the 2.93 vs. 3.10?? We're looking at a .17" difference but may be the difference between a safe and a risky A/F ratio.

Last edited:

MT2003

Established Member
03cobratech, I did the 3.4" swap back when I had my Cobra. Yes, the Harley Davidson Edition truck comes with a 3.4". I found mine on the F-150 boards - in the Harley section (I made a post that said I was looking for somebody's old 3.4" pulley and within 2 hours I had a reply). I paid $55 for it - including shipping. Here's the write-up I did. Hope it helps.

From 4/10/2003

I took my car over to Lamotta’s Performance in Longwood, FL yesterday afternoon for a couple of runs on Jake’s DynoJet. I wanted to see what my modifications had done for the car and wanted to get the A/F ratio checked. My modifications are as follows:

 3.4” pulley off of a Harley Davidson Edition Ford truck.
 AFE drop in air filter.
 Cut air silencer to just outside of the inner fender area.

Total cost for modifications – around $150 ($55 for the used pulley, $35 to rent the puller/installation tool and $60 for the air filter). The stock belt works great with the 3.4” pulley (I still have at least 3/16” before the idler bottoms out on the stop, nor does it bump the stop when revving the engine). I went with these modifications for a few reasons:

1. The engine looks entirely stock (almost like a sleeper Cobra – yeah right).
2. The smaller pulley is not detectable by the naked eye (and the belt is stock).
3. Don’t like loud exhaust anymore (getting’ old!).
4. Cheap!

I have 4800 miles on the car now.

Temperature was a balmy 86 degrees, with 100% humidity (rained that morning). Only let the car cool down for about 25 minutes after my ½ hour drive in traffic to get there. The A/F ratio was A-OK. I was pleased with the outcome (numbers are SAE corrected):

Run #1
387.1 RwHp
386.5 RwTq

Run #2
386.7 RwHp
391.1 RwTq

I was really hoping for 400 at the rear wheels. I’m sure it would have been around there if the weather was a little cooler or if the car had more time to cool down.

03cobratech

Established Member
Originally posted by MT2003
03cobratech, I did the 3.4" swap back when I had my Cobra. Yes, the Harley Davidson Edition truck comes with a 3.4". I found mine on the F-150 boards - in the Harley section (I made a post that said I was looking for somebody's old 3.4" pulley and within 2 hours I had a reply). I paid $55 for it - including shipping. Here's the write-up I did. Hope it helps.

From 4/10/2003

I took my car over to Lamotta’s Performance in Longwood, FL yesterday afternoon for a couple of runs on Jake’s DynoJet. I wanted to see what my modifications had done for the car and wanted to get the A/F ratio checked. My modifications are as follows:

 3.4” pulley off of a Harley Davidson Edition Ford truck.
 AFE drop in air filter.
 Cut air silencer to just outside of the inner fender area.

Total cost for modifications – around $150 ($55 for the used pulley, $35 to rent the puller/installation tool and $60 for the air filter). The stock belt works great with the 3.4” pulley (I still have at least 3/16” before the idler bottoms out on the stop, nor does it bump the stop when revving the engine). I went with these modifications for a few reasons:

1. The engine looks entirely stock (almost like a sleeper Cobra – yeah right).
2. The smaller pulley is not detectable by the naked eye (and the belt is stock).
3. Don’t like loud exhaust anymore (getting’ old!).
4. Cheap!

I have 4800 miles on the car now.

Temperature was a balmy 86 degrees, with 100% humidity (rained that morning). Only let the car cool down for about 25 minutes after my ½ hour drive in traffic to get there. The A/F ratio was A-OK. I was pleased with the outcome (numbers are SAE corrected):

Run #1
387.1 RwHp
386.5 RwTq

Run #2
386.7 RwHp
391.1 RwTq

I was really hoping for 400 at the rear wheels. I’m sure it would have been around there if the weather was a little cooler or if the car had more time to cool down.

Too bad you didnt dyno it stock to see what kind of gains it got you, I wonder if you had a cai and catback exhaust what kind of numbers you would get... I can tell you one thing if you added a borla catback and left your stock hpipe I doubt you would think the exhaust was too loud.. When i bought my car (slightly used) it had the borla catback and magnaflow catted xpipe, I was sure that the intermediate pipe was stock seeing how quiet it was.. I was totally shocked that it had the xpipe on there already... I'm sure with the stock hpipe it would be just a hair louder than stock.. You should give it a shot... If you're at 387 now I wouldnt be surprised if the catback and cai gets you up to 415-420 area. Thanks for the info about the 3.4 pulley im gonna check out the f150 boards..

Dave

bunk22

Established Member
If you truly want a bit more power without a chip, you could try the Afterburner eFPC tuner. It will allow you to tune your air-fuel to a relative safe level. I used the the 3.2" pulley for a short time but found it to be not enough for my taste, at least when you combine it with an 11.5:1 air-fuel ratio. My .02 :D

03cobratech

Established Member
Doesnt the afterburner have to slice into the ecm wires?? That sounds like a warranty killer, might as well get a chip eh?? Correct me if i'm wrong.. Thanks
Dave

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by bunk22
If you truly want a bit more power without a chip, you could try the Afterburner eFPC tuner. It will allow you to tune your air-fuel to a relative safe level. I used the the 3.2" pulley for a short time but found it to be not enough for my taste, at least when you combine it with an 11.5:1 air-fuel ratio. My .02 :D

Dyno graph with air/fuel ratio please?:read:

Pyro

Established Member
Doesnt the afterburner have to slice into the ecm wires?? That sounds like a warranty killer, might as well get a chip eh?? Correct me if i'm wrong.. Thanks
Dave

I hear that if you splice into the wiring high enough behind the glove box, it is virtually invisible.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
So, with a pulley installation tool you can install an f-150 HD 3.4 pulley for less than a CAI...

This sounds like a good thing...

bunk22

Established Member
Dave

So is a pulley swap, as far as I know. The idea is that the stock pulley can be put back on and the Afterburner can be hidden, like Pyro said. My Afterburner wires are definitely out of sight so that I'm not concerned with anyone physically checking my computer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread