does anyone know how to get the "x-plan" or the a-pan??

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
You have to work for Ford or one of thier qualifying venders or be related to some one who does and will give you one for the A plan. Anyone that is A or X plan elligable can give you an X plan BUT the dealer does NOT have to honor A or X plan on Cobras becausec they are considerd limited production vehicles.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I wonder if you'd save anything with those plans, compared to the $2500 off you can get right now, anyway. Might save a little on A plan, but I don't think so on X plan.

Last edited:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
The $2500 rebate will be addition to the X or A plan.

A, D, And Z plans are for employees, dealer employees, and retirees. The price is below invoice. X plan is a supplier price, ask your company HR dept. X is a small percentage over A.

Do a search, pricing has been posted before.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I got X plan cause my cousin is with Ford. Direct relatives can get A, like siblings, relatives can get X. Plans are always up to the discretion of the dealer, nothing special about Cobra or anything, even the 200 Cobra R was eligible for A & X plan - but the dealers don't have to honor the price - it's voluntary. I was lucky to know some folks at a local SVT dealer and got out the door with my vert for $38 on the road.

Oh, and the $2500 is a manufacturer rebate, so if you can get a plan price, the $2500 then comes off of that!, so on X plan you could get it with taxes, etc for under $36 on the road for a vert.

This is sweet for other makes too, I'm hunting for an SUV & the Lincoln dealer will honor my X plan, plus he'd discount his hold back money to move an 03 Aviator, and Ford has $4,000 cash back so that totals - are you ready - $9,500 off sticker price! Not bad for a well equiped SUV with a MSRP of about $45K.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Wow! That would be a great deal, for sure! I know when I went w/ my wife looking at a new Dakota, they said they could give her the rebate, or the X-plan, (but not both). Maybe Dodge does something different, or the guy was just a dick. (Didn't buy it, anyway.)

03DSGSVT

Established Member
You can also join an organization such as eaa.org and become a member.
They have a Ford partnership, and after being a member for a year, you can get a pin, and get "X" plan on just about any vehicle Ford makes, including any of the other Ford owned products, like Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, ect...

I purchased my 2001 GT on this plan, and it was very smooth.

It is about $45.00/year, and well worth it.

You used to be able to join, and get a pin right away, but they changed the policy due to a bunch of people doing this very thing!

This is a recreational flying (As in airplanes) organization btw...

Hope this helps?

Users who are viewing this thread