Does anyone know about this intake??

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
I actually looked at that before I got my JLT. BUt, it doesn't make anymore power and costs more. IT does look cool though.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
They had the right idea...but the way they went about it is no good. I mean the way the hood shuts right over it covering pretty much ANY chance of a ram air effect. Ill keep my JLT and pop my headlight out when i get to the track.

also theirs has that plastic lining on the bottom keeping air from the bottom from getting in AND the air filter has no opening in the front...just the sides.

Last edited:

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
Ram air really isn't a good idea on these cars anyway. These cars are too sensitive to tuning issues. How do you tune for ram air on a chasis dyno? On the last generation of EEC it was one thing, but I think with this one the gains are nominal at best.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
i dont think a little extra air is going to throw off the MAF or tuning...but im not an expert. anyone got any imput about this?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
SVTsupremecy said:
i dont think a little extra air is going to throw off the MAF or tuning...but im not an expert. anyone got any imput about this?

The new processors are soo sensitive to anything.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
ya but once its tuned for more air...why would a little more air from a ram air effect mess it up? shouldnt the MAF better compensate for the increase in air

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
that's the problem - the maf has only a small window of adjustment. at speed you can run into a lean condition in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread