Does anyone have the New MGW S197 Shifter yet?

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
I've tried em all,

Hurst, Pro 5.0, triax and Stock saleen.

I've never had an MGW but iirc people seem to think that they are the best.

As the title says... does anyone have one? I'm going to order one and wanted a few opinions 1st.

MGW05MUSTANGSHIFTER2.jpg

Mustang Shift Handle

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
its mgw...im guessing you'll be happy with it. ever since i drove in my brothers 04 mach1 with a mgw ive been wanting a mgw short throw for my 07

Last edited:

freebass55

Established Member
I've got one and love it. Never tried anything other than the stock one, so I can't compare the others. I wasn't disappointed.

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
i love my hurst shifter...someone i know had the MGW and loved it also i shifted both...and i bought the hurst....if your just daily driving the Hurst is much better the MGW is a little more agressive....and more expensive. hurst gets the job done and i enjoy it

THE_STIG

Established Member
I had a MGW on my 01 Cobra, my 05GT came with a Steeda Tri-Ax, I like it, I might change it down the road if I find something smoother.

JMoraru

Established Member
in my GT i have only had the stock and now the MGW. i also had a MGW in my 01 cobra. i cant say much for the other brands, but im going to stick with MGW and most people will say the same. i havent really heard of people switching from MGW to another shifter, but many have gone from other aftermarket shifters to MGW.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I've tried the Steeda Tri-Ax, the Hurst, and finally the MGW. The MGW is without a doubt the best of the bunch. Easily worth it's weight in gold!!! MGW = FTW!!!

-Mike

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
i love my hurst shifter...someone i know had the MGW and loved it also i shifted both...and i bought the hurst....if your just daily driving the Hurst is much better the MGW is a little more agressive....and more expensive. hurst gets the job done and i enjoy it

Hurst owner chiming in, my shifter seems very notchy and I've had it for about a year and a half. Has anyone else experienced this? I've been contemplating getting another shifter.

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
yeah, i was racing my buddy the other day, and i missed third, the hurst is beginning to let me down :0(, i liked it at first but its beginning to loose its good rating with me

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Did anybody see the video of the guy going through the gears on a "dry run" with the MGW? It looked so effortless, the guy was shifting with the tip of his fingers!

Users who are viewing this thread