Does anyone have collector car insurance?

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
I am looking at putting the Cobra on collector car insurance once I get my daily driver. I was wondering if any MACA members currently use collector ins for their rides and if so what their opinions are.

Here are the insurance companies I know of so if there are any others please post them up.

Classic Car Insurance - Get an online quote today and save | Heacock Classic
Grundy Worldwide
Hagerty - Collector Car and Boat Insurance
Classic Auto Insurance Agency | Classic Car Insurance | Antique Car Insurance

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I just went with Hagerty insured for 25k for $5xx. a year. It wasn't saving a whole bunch over my state farm policy, but wanted agreed value instead of blue book. Our SF policy had 4 cars on it with cobra and homeowners on it too with good driving records and no accidents fwiw.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have Grundy. You should be able to get a $25K stated policy for around $400 a year. You have to find a way to show your car is rare. I did it by narrowing my Oxford White Cobra with Parchment interior as a less a limited production.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I was starting to sign up with Heacock http://www.heacockclassic.com/"]Classic Car Insurance - Get an online quote today and save | Heacock Classic[/COLOR] last spring, had the policy mailed to me and everything. But I read the fine print and it said in essence any vehicle that was driven at a race track was not covered, not just at the track, but at all. When I contacted them, they said that's not what they mean (they just got new riders made by the states or something), but I said when they have it fixed, and in print, I'll sign it and send it in.
P.S. My coverage was $500K laibility, agreed value was $10,000, and my premium was $250 a year.

Last edited:

65SC

Established Member
try DELP, Rachel has helped many Mustang and Shelby owners. Tell her Paul sent you.
Rachel R. Miller
Servicing Agent Of
The Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Ins.
The Delp Company
1440 Arrowhead Drive
Maumee, Ohio 43537
Direct Phone: 419-794-1083
Direct Fax: 419-794-1083
Email: [email protected]

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Thanks all. I just got a quote from Hagerty for $25K coverage and 1K deductibles for $526/yr. I am also waiting to hear back from Heacock.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I think this is what I need, I put maybe 3k a year on the car but the parts are worth more than the insurance would ever give me

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
PSU - with collectors you get coverage for stated value, so you tell them how much you want to insure the car for. the catch is that it cannot be your daily driver

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Hmm...maybe I'll look into this also. I probably don't put more than 3-4k a year on the cobra, and it would be nice to save some money on insurance.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Which ones are track friendly?

images

Not Heacock. They haven't changed their policy in MD yet (though they did say they have to change it in each state they offer coverage, and it would take a while :bs: ).

Users who are viewing this thread