Does anyone have a picture of their O2 sensor bung?

speedoflife

Established Member
Hey guys. I've got my midpipe off of the car and I'm taking it to a shop to get a bung put in for my wideband.

Does anyone have a picture of where the bung was installed on their midpipe? I am running OEM manifolds, so I'm looking to put the bung on the drivers side near the front OEM sensor. I really don't want to put the pipe on the car and not be able to give the sensor clearance. Thanks for any help!

bigmoose

Established Member
Your wideband should have a recommendation as to how far from the exhaust port they want it. It will also probably say to angle it up a little so condensation can drip out of it.

I run an AEM eugo and I have it few inches after the first bend on the flat section that's parallel to the undercarriage. My sensor faces inwards. I also have it angled up 15*. No clearance issues at all.

speedoflife

Established Member
Thank you for the description - I appreciate it.

If anyone has a picture it would be awesome! I know it's a strange request but I can't get under the car and check for clearance at the moment.

FinnCobra

Established Member
IMG_20160607_214054.jpg
IMG_20160607_220629.jpg

2005 GT manual, hope this helps. Installed picture to show location and direction. Note: its the upper black wire. Sensor should be upwards so condensed water don't damage it. Not pretty welding but doesn't leak.

speedoflife

Established Member
Thanks for the links and pictures. I've got a good idea where I want it.

They do give recommendations about install location, but I am only concerned with making sure I have clearance to screw the sensor in. I think I'll put it behind the stock location about 4 inches. I sure hope it works the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread