does anyone have a 03 cobra hood on their 99' cobra

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
on my cobra i already change the side skirts, interior, irs, trans, back bumper, and spoiler to the 03' cobra... im thinking of completing the conversion but not sure trying to see if anyone has done it already.

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
on my cobra i already change the side skirts, interior, irs, trans, back bumper, and spoiler to the 03' cobra... im thinking of completing the conversion but not sure trying to see if anyone has done it already.

01 front bumper with cowl hood and mach 1 chin imho :beer:

Tango7

Established Member
Here is mine with 03-04 parts
MysteryCruise11064.jpg

MysteryCruise11061.jpg

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ lol

Im 50/50 on the mach 1 chin on the 99/01 front bumper. I cant decide if i like it or not.

pwrshft99

Established Member
I think the 03 hood doesn't match up well with the regular front bumpers. It leaves a good size gap if i remember correctly.

force feed

Established Member
I think the 03 hood doesn't match up well with the regular front bumpers. It leaves a good size gap if i remember correctly.

You are correct. I got a 03 cobra hood on my gt and swapped it over to the cobra to see what it looked like and it didnt line correctly at all. Unless it was just me :shrug:. But on a sidenote i like how the 99/01 bumper looks with the 03/04 chin spoiler. Thats what i got and i like the look

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
If you install the 03/04 hood with a 99/01 front bumper, there will be a noticeable gap. If you reverse the two and install an 03/04 front bumper with any other OEM hood, you will have to push the two pillars that form the upper grill opening back in towards the engine bay so that the hood will close (what I had to do). The pillars on a terminator front bumper sit higher, thus the terminator hood is cut a little higher in the front.

It's your car, do whatever you want as long as you're happy with it. There are so many possible combinations of exterior body panels that you'll get just as many varying opinions. I've got an 03/04 front bumper, 99 hood, 99 sideskirts, and 01 rear bumper. It's just personal preference (and what you can afford to do all at one time).

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
do a '95 Cobra R-style hood or a '00 Cobra R-style hood, keep the 99/01 Cobra front end, and install the Mach 1 chin spoiler BUT when you do, line it up at the wheel wells first and install it a bit back so it isn't flush with the front bottom of the front bumper.

You're welcome :D

Users who are viewing this thread