Does anyone else's windows sticker say "Special Order" on it?

farmboy90

Established Member
My windows sticker says "SPECIAL ORDER" on it. It is a little below the area where it lists the MSRP total. It is near the bottom of the window sticker.

I don't recall seeing that on other stickers. Does anyone else have this?

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
Thanks Boss. Yeah, I don't recall seeing this on a window sticker before, hence my question. I wonder what that means? I'll try and post a picture of it if I can figure out how.

farmboy90

Established Member
Here it is:

screenshot20120728at124.jpg

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
Thanks bro!! I can't wait. I gave up my 2012 Boss for this, and I don't think I will miss it one bit. :)

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet!
Are you a late allocation that got pushed forward?

Or Maybe you're a late build that got moved up few months.

farmboy90

Established Member
You might be on to something. I am first and only allocation at my dealer. But I got tired of waiting and my dealer couldn't help me. They are so small they don't even have a zone rep right now. So I started googling around and I stumbled across the guy who runs 1.5 billion dollars of sales for Ford. I forgot his title, but it's something like Regional Sales Operations Manager. He happens to be the manager for the area of the country where my dealer is located. I found his email address one weekend and asked him if he could help me get an ETA for my car (since my dealer couldn't provide any info). He replied right away and said he had me slotted for an august build!

I wrote him back about a week later and asked him if there is any chance I could be an very early august build. I was hoping to have the car for my birthday on August 30th. Sure enough, he writes me back and says he will see what he can do. The next day, he writes back and says he called his scheduler in Detroit and asked him to get my car built.

And sure enough it is being built 8/3. Pretty incredible right?

I think I should print the window sticker out and frame it. :)

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
You might be on to something. I am first and only allocation at my dealer. But I got tired of waiting and my dealer couldn't help me. They are so small they don't even have a zone rep right now. So I started googling around and I stumbled across the guy who runs 1.5 billion dollars of sales for Ford. I forgot his title, but it's something like Regional Sales Operations Manager. He happens to be the manager for the area of the country where my dealer is located. I found his email address one weekend and asked him if he could help me get an ETA for my car (since my dealer couldn't provide any info). He replied right away and said he had me slotted for an august build!

I wrote him back about a week later and asked him if there is any chance I could be an very early august build. I was hoping to have the car for my birthday on August 30th. Sure enough, he writes me back and says he will see what he can do. The next day, he writes back and says he called his scheduler in Detroit and asked him to get my car built.

And sure enough it is being built 8/3. Pretty incredible right?

I think I should print the window sticker out and frame it. :)

Now that is pretty freakin cool lol. Awesome Farmboy!

BOD89LX

Established Member
Nice to see some people really care about there customers and are willing to solve problems. Congrats on your build date and the car is worth the wait but until i picked up my car yesterday was not feeling that way so keep your head up.

Mulligan

Established Member
My window sticker just became available and it also says special order.

Don't believe it is anything to be concerned about.

farmboy90

Established Member
My window sticker just became available and it also says special order.

Don't believe it is anything to be concerned about.

Cool! I am curious what it means though. Some have this and some don't. I wonder exactly it means.... If you find out, let me know as I am curious.

Users who are viewing this thread