does anyone else's car sound like darth Vader at idle?

joshcarp81

Established Member
Lol. Let me explain. When my car is cold(ish) at idle it sounds like darth Vader breathing in until I increase the rpms slightly it does this consistently at idle until warmed up. (I think). Also st like a giant vacuum cleaner which I suppose it is. It obviously wasn't this way stock. It did it after the accufab upgrade. It runs great just sounds crazy. Not concerned just curious.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Depending on what intake your running makes a difference. When I had jlt hb intake it sounded like it was really sucking in air. Now with rai it's a little quieter.

joshcarp81

Established Member
It's not bad once warmed up, but g.d. it's loud when cold. Stock long block. Stock intake tube with K&n air filter and accufab tb/plenum.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Stock tube, open filter, dragon tb/plenum here, very noticeable. I never noticed it (might just not paying attention) untill I put the single blade in. I'm pretty sure its the TB they font seal like stock and you really gear the air getting passed the edges when cold until the engine settles in when warm and I'm sure the heat helps close the gap too.
Put the TB/PL with a ported blower swap and had me worried for awhile a had a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread