Does anybody know where to get a manual tensioner

fordsvtaz

AzSVT
Established Member
I need to find a manual tensioner. I have every pulley known to man on my car and I still am having belt slip problems. I have a 3.4 crusher and i cant get past 17lbs and 5200 rpms with it slipping:shrug: I know reichard use to make one but if anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Kubin-B

Established Member
I haven't heard of a manual tensioner but I have been looking into a heavy duty one made by a company called Thump rrr. Have you had any issues pulling your tensioner pulley into the pulley bridge, that is my current issue and I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem.

fordsvtaz

AzSVT
Established Member
I haven't heard of a manual tensioner but I have been looking into a heavy duty one made by a company called Thump rrr. Have you had any issues pulling your tensioner pulley into the pulley bridge, that is my current issue and I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem.

No, I havent had any issues like that. I have both billet tensioner pulleys from thump. The back one really doesnt matter. But the on on the front is still not working for me. The manual tensioner is not spring loaded so you once your belt is on, you tighten a bolt down on the tensioner to prevent it from moving at all

fordsvtaz

AzSVT
Established Member
So heres what ive got
received_m_mid_1392905921749_c23c7d02e9fd3af176_0_zpso6by7o7g.jpg
received_m_mid_1392905921749_c23c7d02e9fd3af176_1_zpsg9edjh3b.jpg

fordsvtaz

AzSVT
Established Member
Its used because finding one like this new is probably impossible since reichard doesn't do this anymore. Im going to ask a buddy of mine who has a cnc machine how much it would cost to duplicate this.

Users who are viewing this thread