Does anybody know spiders well.

nickxf250

Established Member
Does anybody here know their spiders well. I just killed one in the house and I think it may be a brown recluse. I took some pics of it and was wondering if anybody could ID it for me. Thanks for any help. The pictures are pretty big and I would email them to whoever wanted to ID it for me.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Post the links up here. I'm sure many many people will be able to if you do so. For the record, here's a Brown Recluse:

brown_recluse_spider.jpg

And here is a Wolf Spider, which it probably is:

lycosa_helluo.jpg

I have wolf spiders ALL over my house. I killed 2 today and one yesterday. I have 3 in a small aquarium.

dougwg

Established Member
That WAS a Brown Recluse.

Look at the last pic. The marking on the back looks like a "Banjo" which is the classic marking of the BR.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
brown recluse for sure.

Ive been bitten 4 times & my wife has been 3 or 4 times. Ive got a quarter sized scar from them sumbitches.

The scary thing is, you dont feel their bited for the most part.

Check out this webpage of a nasty brown recluse spider bite, DaleM posted this a few weeks back in videos section....http://www.spiderzrule.com/reclusebiteleg.htm

Mine looked exactly like this guy's from start to finish, only luckily mine was quarter sized.

The emergency room picked the poisonous tissue out w/o giving me anything for pain.

magRT496

Established Member
dougwg said:
That WAS a Brown Recluse.

Look at the last pic. The marking on the back looks like a "Banjo" which is the classic marking of the BR.
How big do the brown recluses get? i had a spider in my car yesterday and it was about 4-5 inches in diameter and looked like that :eek:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
MachME said:
Why is this brown recluse such big talk all time?

To me its because it is one nasty, mean spider that if it bites you, you'll remember for a very long time. I don't want to see one, ever.

Venom_Cobra

Venom_Cobra
Established Member
looks like a brown recluse to me those ****ers are bad knew a guy who didnt get a bite treated by one soon enough and had to go to the emergency room and get a halfdollar chunk of his back cut off.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
A guy I knew got bit by a recluse. Went to the hospital on day 3. Was hospitalized for 2 weeks for infection, and couldn't return to work for six weeks after he was released.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
magRT496 said:
so it was a recluse? or were you not referring to me?

Definatly a recluse. Other terms of identification are.....

Fiddleback Spider
Violin Spider
Note the fiddle/violin shape right behind the eyes.

Loxoceles reclusa, most common in the SE and S central United States. Adults are 3-8 in. (10 mm) long and are light brown with a dark, violin-shaped mark on the back near the head. In humans their venom kills the tissue surrounding a bite and leaves a deep sore, but only rarely does a bite result in death.

magRT496

Established Member
Nanner said:
Definatly a recluse. Other terms of identification are.....

Fiddleback Spider
Violin Spider
Note the fiddle/violin shape right behind the eyes.

Loxoceles reclusa, most common in the SE and S central United States. Adults are 3-8 in. (10 mm) long and are light brown with a dark, violin-shaped mark on the back near the head. In humans their venom kills the tissue surrounding a bite and leaves a deep sore, but only rarely does a bite result in death.
thanks for the info, im gonna go bomb my car now :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread