Does anybody have the BBK or Kenne Bell CAI?

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Does anybody have the BBK cold air induction kit for the 03' cobra? Anybody have any pics, what were the gains? I did a search and couldn't find anything on it and BBK is only 3 letters which isn't enough letters to search by.

Also, does anybody have the KenneBell CAI and what were your opinions and/or results? Pics?

Please don't flame, I'm just tired of buying the wrong parts only to replace them later. Trying to get it right the first time. Thanks in advance.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Craig99SVT said:
Does anybody have the BBK cold air induction kit for the 03' cobra? Anybody have any pics, what were the gains? I did a search and couldn't find anything on it and BBK is only 3 letters which isn't enough letters to search by.

Also, does anybody have the KenneBell CAI and what were your opinions and/or results? Pics?

Please don't flame, I'm just tired of buying the wrong parts only to replace them later. Trying to get it right the first time. Thanks in advance.

My uncle had the KB cold air with the flexible tubing the MAF. It sucked. He was having alot of problems on the dyno with his AF ratio. Changed fuel pumps did all kinds of tuning and wouldnt work. He just put an open filter on the MAF and everything went perfect. Lots of hair pulling over a stupid CAI with ribs in the inlet pipe causing disturbance in the MAF. Just make sure which ever one you get has a smooth pipe. Just some advice for ya. GOOD LUCK... They help a bunch, it is a good upgrade. I would go with the densecharger myself. NO METAL ones. COLD air and metal under the hood (lots of heat soak). AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Last edited:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I bought a kb CAI for my stock 04 and was very dissapointed. All I was looking for was a little more midrange performance for around town driving and this kit did just the opposite. I had drivability issues and it's noisy as hell. Not only that, it's a royal pain to make the filter fit inside the wheel well with the intercooler lines. A shorter filter would have been much nicer. I went back to stock.

In KB's defense, I believe they designed this for highly modded cars. In that case, I would bet this would perform as advertised and be a huge improvement over most others. It really does flow some serious air. For a stock vehicle...or close to stock, I would look to something else. I hear some very good things about JLT....

huben94

Established Member
I have the BBK CIA and don't like, because the fit is so tight that when you want to clean the air filter it's PIA to remove the filter. Looking for a stock intake pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread