Does anybody ever say...

LIGHT03

Established Member
Does anybody ever say "I got caught speeding because I was speeding"? or is it always entrapment or he has it out for me or some other excuse? Part of the price you pay for speeding is the possibility of getting caught and having to pay the judge.

Does not mean you have to like it but own up to it and pay the fine.

Just an observation.

FastEddie59

English/Aussie/American
Established Member
I was pulled over the other day for going through a red light I didn't see. I was too busy trying to find my way back up a side street to get back to where I need to go. I told the cop that I was lost (which I genuinely was) in my best Aussie accent and he let me off with a warning. He even told me he would lead me back to where I needed to go.. Once he figured out I was really lost he was very nice about the whole thing. :shrug:

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
I've said that before, I don't complain about speeding tickets because all of them that i've had the LEO's have always reduced them. I even had one reduce it from 85 in a 55 to a failer to obey a traffic sign.

Bootbox

Established Member
I got pulled over doing 80 in a 60 like a jackass this Saturday night. I should have lost my license technically.

I was honest with the officer when he asked if I knew why I got pulled over. I said "Yeah, I was speeding. It was only a matter of time before I got pulled over, sorry." He took my license and insurance and came back about 15 minutes later with a warning ticket and told me to slow down.

My Passport 8500 X-50 will be here tomorrow, it would have saved my ass in this instance for sure. I'm considering a Blinder jammer and some Veil Stealth in the near future as well.

XtremeAceX

Established Member
I dont complain about getting a speeding ticket when i know i was speeding.

This one time, i was doing 40km/h over because i got distracted by my phone and the speed limit went from 90km/h - 50km/h and there wasnt even any sign of life around so i didnt even expect it. The officer pulled me over, and gave me a ticket.. he explained to me that it had just changed from 90 - 50 so i knew i was speeding. I just took the ticket without complaining. It was my fault, i should have been paying more attention, and i wouldnt have missed the sign. Ill say it again.. i was speeding.. whether it was on purpose or not :-D

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Not too many of them do. I pulled over a guy just this morning for speeding and then passing someone before he should have. Both cars were already going over the posted limit(+10MPH) and then him passing the other car is the thing that made me stop him.

When I got to the window, He was honest, Said, "I know I was speeding and going way to fast, I was late for work". Went back to the car and waited for his info to come back on the computer. I Was going to write him a Written Warning, but we were out of the forms in the cruiser. So I gave him a Verbal for Exceeding Zones & Posted Limits and about 10mins later he was on his way.

I felt that the time I cost him by the stop, plus the time he had to sit there and think "Crap, here comes a $181.00 and 4 point ticket." was enough to insure compliance in the future, and that's all I want. I don't get any of the money, and I don't enjoy making your life harder by raiding your pocketbook.

Honesty will go a long way with officers, especially since we get lied to ALL DAY LONG.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Bootbox said:
My Passport 8500 X-50 will be here tomorrow, it would have saved my ass in this instance for sure. I'm considering a Blinder jammer and some Veil Stealth in the near future as well.

Don't waste your money. I wish I would have logged all the cars that had radar detectors in them that I have giving tickets too. The one way to beat police Radar 100% is to just slow down. Do the math on how much time you actualy save by hauling ass.... it's not enough to make it worth it.

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
Don't waste your money. I wish I would have logged all the cars that had radar detectors in them that I have giving tickets too. The one way to beat police Radar 100% is to just slow down. Do the math on how much time you actualy save by hauling ass.... it's not enough to make it worth it.

That sounds like a good little study to do.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
JaysGreenLX said:
That sounds like a good little study to do.
it doesn't take a study to figure out. Just take the time over 20 miles at 60 mph=20 min. Then take it at 80 mph, you save a seconds at the very most. If you are traveling accors the entire state, or country, the difference between 60-70-80-90 mph is greater, but will an hour make that much difference?? Try it on your daily commute.

bp03svt

Established Member
One time I got pulled over in a 60mph zone doing about 80. My g/f and I were going down the interstate in my 93 347 LX hatch. I was just rolling on not giving a shit, messing with a 94 or 95 V6 stang. He wasn't trying to race me or anything, he was just checking out my car by catching up and hanging about two cars back.

He got up beside us and gave me a thumbs up, I waved as he slowed up alittle bit. About five minutes after that, a state trooper passed us going the other way. I just kept going and didn't slow down at all. I looked back and saw the V6 stang flashing his lights and waving his hands for me to GO, GO!!

I looked farther back and saw the state trooper coming up fast. I just slowed down, pulled over and waited for him. When he came up to my window and asked what I was in such a hurry for, I just told him that I wasn't in a hurry, didn't need to be anywhere anytime soon, and I was just speeding and I wasn't gonna lie to him.

He seemed surprised that I just came out and told him that, with no excuses or asking him to let me go. He took my L and R back to his car and ran me. When everything came back clean, he came back up to my car. He told me that he was glad that I stopped for him and he appreciated it, because he would "have a hard time catching this Mustang" LOL. He also told me he had a stang years ago, and we chatted a few minutes. He then told me to slow down and have a nice day!!! That was about five years ago, RIP REDRUM, I miss that f@#king car so much. :nonono:

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Lawfficer said:
Do the math on how much time you actualy save by hauling ass.... it's not enough to make it worth it.

Driving to BC.. we save at least 2 hours of a 6 hours drive :shrug: only takes 4 hours when speeding.

personally I dont like speeding. Too much of a risk for me to take, im only 17.

Last edited:

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
99cobrablack said:
it doesn't take a study to figure out. Just take the time over 20 miles at 60 mph=20 min. Then take it at 80 mph, you save a seconds at the very most. If you are traveling accors the entire state, or country, the difference between 60-70-80-90 mph is greater, but will an hour make that much difference?? Try it on your daily commute.

I meant the part about people getting pulled over with radar detectors. Note the brand and model. See which ones work well which ones fail. Its also dependent on other traffic though.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
Not too many of them do. I pulled over a guy just this morning for speeding and then passing someone before he should have. Both cars were already going over the posted limit(+10MPH) and then him passing the other car is the thing that made me stop him.

When I got to the window, He was honest, Said, "I know I was speeding and going way to fast, I was late for work". Went back to the car and waited for his info to come back on the computer. I Was going to write him a Written Warning, but we were out of the forms in the cruiser. So I gave him a Verbal for Exceeding Zones & Posted Limits and about 10mins later he was on his way.

I felt that the time I cost him by the stop, plus the time he had to sit there and think "Crap, here comes a $181.00 and 4 point ticket." was enough to insure compliance in the future, and that's all I want. I don't get any of the money, and I don't enjoy making your life harder by raiding your pocketbook.

Honesty will go a long way with officers, especially since we get lied to ALL DAY LONG.
Your awesome, also want to say I appreciate what you all do, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I got caught by a state trooper doing 90 in a 65 last year. He let me go with a warning since I was the only one on the road at the time (no traffic) on a two lane highway. This was coming back from Charlotte.

I learned my lesson and the only time I gun it is when I'm passing someone, but I rarely go over 10 mph the posted limit from now on.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
99cobrablack said:

Unless of course those few seconds allow you to get through a light that you otherwise would not have, in which case the seconds would turn into minutes...

not saying, just saying :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread