Does an off road H pipe require a tune?

Larsonator

Established Member
I'm looking to put an off road H pipe and FRPP resonator delete on an othewise stock 2011. I intend to acquire a JLT, pulley, tune and maybe some other things I'm still researching over the winter. H pipe and resonator delete were just two quick mods I wanted to do for now while I research.

I apologize if it's been asked before, but I can't find much on it. Will the H pipe require a tune due to not having cats?

thanks

Van@RevanRacing

I'm looking to put an off road H pipe and FRPP resonator delete on an othewise stock 2011. I intend to acquire a JLT, pulley, tune and maybe some other things I'm still researching over the winter. H pipe and resonator delete were just two quick mods I wanted to do for now while I research.

I apologize if it's been asked before, but I can't find much on it. Will the H pipe require a tune due to not having cats?

thanks

Yes. You have to disable the Catalytic Converter Protection Strategy (COTS) with a tune. Generally the rear O2 sensors are disabled as well.

Van

Larsonator

Established Member
Thanks for the quick feedback guys. This site is geat.

I suspected the lack of cats would throw a light. I wasnt sure if the less restrictive aspect would require an a/f adjustment.

PM coming your way Van

Users who are viewing this thread