Does a PAL tag help?

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Do officers tend to go easier on you if you have proven to support them? In Florida you can pay extra and get a PAL (police athletic league) tag that has their logo and such on it, you pay extra but the money goes straight to the cause. Do officers tend to be more "appreciative" for lack of a better word. I am getting the tag mainly because the color matches my car, but I thought that I would ask anyway.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
"Proven to support them?" Hey, you already pay the salary! :D

Ok, all joking aside, I don't see it making a huge difference unless I am missing something about the way FL LEOs operate. Your attitude on the side of the road carries a lot more "weight" than a special license plate, IMHO of course.

jshen

Established Member
Nope

Didn't make a difference when I was on the streets.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
COBRA90GT said:
"Proven to support them?" Hey, you already pay the salary! :D

When an idiot says that to me, I usually take a penny out of my pocket and hand it to them. Then I tell them "here is your portion of my yearly salary back, dont worry about giving me change keep the entire penny"!

Ok, all joking aside, I don't see it making a huge difference unless I am missing something about the way FL LEOs operate. Your attitude on the side of the road carries a lot more "weight" than a special license plate, IMHO of course.

No difference. The police athetic league is not a police support organization. It is an organization that supports the community and its children.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
No it will not help. Now on to a more important subject. On 05/23/05, at about 9 pm, were you westbound on University at Tuttle Ave, and did you blow the doors off some old black gran torino looking thing, or was that another sonic blue cobra. Whoever it was, almost lost it as they shifted. I was at the light in my lightning and watching the show,.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
No it will not help. Now on to a more important subject. On 05/23/05, at about 9 pm, were you westbound on University at Tuttle Ave, and did you blow the doors off some old black gran torino looking thing, or was that another sonic blue cobra. Whoever it was, almost lost it as they shifted. I was at the light in my lightning and watching the show,.
Nope, was'nt me, I dropped my car off in Tampa on 5/23 at 6:00p.m.

Users who are viewing this thread