Dodge Stealth R/T

ModsAway

Established Member
Are these things twin turbo? I once heard years ago before I really got into cars that some of the upper stealths were running something like 400hp.

Can someone give me the skinny on these things? What year they were made, Hp/Tq, etc.

To the topic at hand, I handed this guy his ass today on the freeway, repeated times. The funny thing is when i merged onto the highway, which I usually do at WOT :beer: I went flying past him and many other cars. As i slowed back down into trafic (after all I was just merging) I could see him weaving to try and catch up with me.

When he finally got beside me he pretended like I wasnt there :shrug: You think he saw the snake ;-) or maybe he recognized the hood as a 03 cobra? :coolman: Well either way he pretended like he didn't see me until traffic opened up and sure enough he punches it. So I drop in behind him and draft him until another lane opens at which point i pull out, now in fourth gear, and walk him quite steadily. When I shifted into 5th I was already a couple car lengths ahead at which point I had to stop for traffic again.

The second run he was drafting me and I just continued to put car lengths on him until I started gaining so fast he must have given up. :coolman:

Weeeeeeee :burnout: I love this car. Thanks for reading !!!

juicius

Established Member
I believe Stealth R/T is similar (identical, motorwise?) to DSM 3000GT (VR-4?). It can be made fast relatively easily, but can be pig heavy if it has AWD and 4 wheel steering like VR-4. I see a few around, but most DSM people mod Eagle Talons, 1G and 2G turbo Eclipses and Galant VR-4s because they are fairly plentiful 9with exception of Galant), cheap, and accepts mods well. There's one street legal DSM that went 8.9 1/4 in street tires recently.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
At their time they were quite the machine 320HP twin turbo 3.0 V6 with all wheel steering and all wheel drive, they handle extremely well! But like the Cobra they are on the heavy side with all that technology (3600+ if memory serves) and unlike the Cobra they don't have the power to move like the Cobra. Change the turbo's on them then watch out.

Last edited:

ScaryGT

Established Member
RT type 10 - are very very slow.... like just a little faster than a non SVT Focus! If it didn't say VR4 it was a turd!

Nice kill anyways, Scary

XplorerOwnsYou

Established Member
VR4's are only for 3000 GT's the mitsu counterpart...the Stealth R/T is the one that is the twin-turbo'ed dodge...but one question is the motor mitsubishi? or dodge? I always thought mitsubishi

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Thought they were essentially the same as the mitsu vr4 with the same mitsu engine but with a few subtle body changes (rear spoiler, etc). 320hp stock.

Nice cars, but like above posts (modded or not) nothing on the level of an 03 cobra, z6, supra, etc...

Nice kill though, I'd jump at the chance to go head to head with one. In the 6000 miles I've had my baby, I have yet to run up against anything worth mentioning. Lets see, there was that cocky teenybopper in an accord who was riding my a$$ yesterday, Saab 9-3 Turbo who wouldn't leave me alone until I destroyed him a couple of times, some big suped up 70's mammoth with a posi rear, some guy with a K-car, and what am I leaving out... oh yeah a pacer. Proud to say that I am still unbeaten! What's the deal, when I had my LT1 seemed like I had a good race every other day?:bored:

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
A stealth would smoke an S2000 for lunch. I don't know what the power was exactly, but I wouldn't be surprised my uncle's friend's stealth was pushing high 300s at the crank with the boost upped a bit like it was. Maybe you can calculate the HP from the time? If I recall, the Gtech said something around 13.3. That was with 2 people in the car.

chknhwk

Originally posted by CrashTestJimbo
The R/T Stealths weren't turbo. The R/T TT Stealths were. There's a difference.

Bingo. My friend had an R/T in the Navy, same time I got my '91 GT and they were dead even. 220hp out of 3.0L vs. 225hp out of 5.0L. :bash:

FSSNK

Established Member
Stealths are fast but heavy

Just traded my 93 T/T for a 03 cobra. The mods I had done to the stealth,I wasnt scared of the new snake,especially on the highway. But the car is so heavy you have to launch it like you hate it! Got tired of going through clutches! Difference between the RT and RT/TT is two turbos and tailpipes are quad fours on the TT and drivers side duals on NA RT, plus HP differences,alot. Both engines are mitsubishi.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Re: Stealths are fast but heavy

Originally posted by FSSNK
Just traded my 93 T/T for a 03 cobra. The mods I had done to the stealth,I wasnt scared of the new snake,especially on the highway. But the car is so heavy you have to launch it like you hate it! Got tired of going through clutches! Difference between the RT and RT/TT is two turbos and tailpipes are quad fours on the TT and drivers side duals on NA RT, plus HP differences,alot. Both engines are mitsubishi.

See, I told you the RT was a Turd :beer:

FSSNK

Established Member
The stealth isnt a TURD! Its just a heavy car. Can guarantee you a stock one will smoke a new GT! No flames partner but a stealth TT will kill your mustang

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by FSSNK
The stealth isnt a TURD! Its just a heavy car. Can guarantee you a stock one will smoke a new GT! No flames partner but a stealth TT will kill your mustang

The non turbo is a freaking turd... my buddy has one and it is not a fast car. Sure it is ok for putting around, but fast I think not.

Oh and a TT killing my GT... Bring it!

Last edited:

FSSNK

Established Member
I cant bring it anymore its gone. Besides Im in FL. you are in Ohio. BTW go BUCKEYES. Not trying to make enemies just pointing out the facts. PEACE!

ModsAway

Established Member
Well the stealth I encountered did have quad tailpipes which I do not believe belong on a 03 cobra (referring to specific post on this site before) the quad tailpipes looked cool on the stealth. :)

It also had two raised portions of the hood which I contributed to the twin turbo but as I said I do not know these cars and I did not notice a "TT" anywhere.

Still a nice car and at least he tried:beer:

I am chomping at the bit with this pulley/chip deal :gt: sorry just a side note.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Key word "TRIED", even I'm scared of 03 Cobra's, so easy to mod it's not funny, just something about them

Users who are viewing this thread