DODGE ???s

COTA'00 L

I have a friend at work that just bought a 03 Dodge Ram. He asked me about a chip for his Ram. I know superchip makes one but I told him that a custom tuned chip would be better. Do any of you guys know about a custom tuner for Dodge trucks? I told him to get a Ford but he didnt listen, I would have given him my other Diablo chip.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
If its not blown or dosn't have to many mods you really dont need a custom chip.

COTA'00 L

A local tint shop told him they could get him one for $325 and it would gain 15 hp. I told him to forget it that he wont even feel it. Maybe a custom tuned chip would gain more hp, but who knows about those Rams.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
On a stock chip he wont fell the 15 hp but he'll feel the recalibrated shift points and timing curbs. he'll like it , he just wont like having to put premium in it.

MayorofTrukvile

Established Member
Jet makes one supose to add 25hp I didnt do a before or after dyno to see if that holds water but it will move shift points and limiters up. Cost is around $250.00

COTA'00 L

Well hes going to need more than a chip. The other day I took my L to work (havent used it in 3 weeks) we got out at the same time from work. We get on the I-8 on ramp and he tries to take off on me I floor it and pass him real quick, he just smiles. I thought those Rams where faster. I have respect for the old Hemis but the new ones I dont.

MayorofTrukvile

Established Member
assuming it was a 1/2 ton 2wd hemi he had a horsepower and wt. handicap and your L is modded. Oh course he would have lost. Have to hand to dodge hemi though totaly computer controlled and no lag on the throttle response

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by I.V. BOLT
I have a friend at work that just bought a 03 Dodge Ram. He asked me about a chip for his Ram. I know superchip makes one but I told him that a custom tuned chip would be better. Do any of you guys know about a custom tuner for Dodge trucks? I told him to get a Ford but he didnt listen, I would have given him my other Diablo chip.

I would say the Mopar PCM... seemed to be the computer of choice amoungst the Dakota crowd (esspecially the R/T crowd). Did a hell of alot for my R/T (esspecially shift points). But they stopped making them after 2001... for the Dakota 5.9 atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread