Dodge Ram 1500

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Ill try to make the story short. happend last night around 6 pm.

Well i was driving home from picking up my brother from the arcade. While im driving there are about 5 cars behind me im in the front of them, and i notice a dodge im saying to my self " that looks like the srt cuz the body kit, im like man i sure wish i had a lightning...".

Well he passes some cars up and were at the light, i look at it and see its a 1500 i think it was a quad cab, kinda hight so it might have been a 4x4, well the light turns and i just wanted to get ahead of him.

so he pulls off the line with a regular start, and im at his side mirror and then i pull on him, and hes at my passenger door, and then all of a sudden pulls like crazy, and i try to follow but shut down, cuz didnt wanna loose to bad, thought he was gonna slow down but didnt and kept on goin and KILLED ME!

man those things with that hemi are pretty fast i was in my 99 expy so umm ya my first lost....

have you guys seen or raced up with these new dodges they look pretty nice, i would get 1 of these over a f-150...

YZBot

Established Member
They are pretty quick, saw a quad cab do 15.5, I forget the mph. The motor lacks a lot of low end though which shows why it took a little before he took off on you. The motor would be much better suited for a performance car. I would dread having to tow anything heavy with that motor. You're going to need lot of rpms.

http://www.dynoperformance.com/search_details.php?ID=488

Last edited:

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Man we should get together and race our parents expeditons!! that would be totally fun man. They are scary fast!!!!

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
ya i sure wish i was in a lightning when i saw that guy, i would have stayed dead even with him and let him get me a little just to play with him cuz that stretch was about 1/2 or more so i woulda played with him and then killed him.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Yeah, the Hemi Ram can make for a fun truck, considering the
size of it. The engine is plenty strong in most cases, but what really surprised me was how great the steering feels on the truck and it handles superb despite what would seem like a high center of gravity.
As for the ride height, even the 4x2s ride kinda high so Tony if you didn't see "4x4" on the tailgate, it was probably a 4x2.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
ha well sorry i dont have a mustang or some other fast vehicle! i got this 99 expy and a 97 f-150 so thats what i use,

Not to flame, but your parents got this 99 Expy, not you.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
ya i didnt mean that i got it by my self, i meant i have it in my presence, dont know how else to say it.... hope you get it.

and ya that srt-10 is suppose to be having about 500hp and 525 tq or somthing like that, ya finally the lightning guys have some competition, and i mean reall!!!! competition!

93 COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
ha damn thats good! take out the svt focus wont it?

I had run in with Hemi Ram a week after a bought my SVTF when one tried to pass me on the right. He was in lane that had to merge. When the light turned green I pulled him by 1/2 a car and by the top of second gear I had him by about a car and a 1/2 when he was forced to merge in behind me. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread