Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Its much higher in the rear end than the first pic I posted. Thats more fender gap than a stock Hellcat. Somethings up with those rear springs
Maybe because they are just pre-production cars?
Or, maybe because it's set up that way for the launch?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Its much higher in the rear end than the first pic I posted. Thats more fender gap than a stock Hellcat. Somethings up with those rear springs
It's for launch. It can't grip with the high horsepower unless the springs can compress.
If the rear does not squat there is no weight transfer and too much weight is left over the front wheels.

281CJ

Established Member
No one has one yet. Blue manufacturer plate on it? Probably still testing or doing car shows

They are spotted almost weekly. Minnesota:

18880144_849725218511768_8930673546824037871_o.jpg

Detroit:

17952596_1112960705517508_2740305441781405231_n.jpg

17903542_1112960738850838_4159099174120643530_n.jpg
No, it was red. I didn't spot the plate. It was stopped at a light while I was turning, it definitely had the hood, wheels, flairs and Demon logo.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Ordered my Demon last week. MSRP. A hair over 91K with leather seats, stereo, red seat belts, black hood, 4 seats and engine block heater. Demon crate which comes with $7,000 in parts is a $1 option and can be ordered when I get the car.

I was a Ford guy forever. But the wait for the new GT500 has been forever. I've had a 2015 Challenger Hellcat and told everyone I was waiting for the new GT500. It never came. So Demon it is.

I feel like Dodge has totally F#$Ked Ford and Chevy's plans up. Look at the Demon hype. Nobody is talking about the GT350 or ZL1 1LE anymore. Dodge understands the US market. People want to go fast in a STRAIGHT LINE in America.

There's also the branding. Tell someone you drive a ZL1 1LE and watch their face. Tell them you drive a DEMON. That's good marketing.

What happened to Ford? They used to lead and now they are playing catchup big time.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yeah hate to say Ford and Chevy will still kill FCA in sales even with all the Demon hype as I have yet to see as many new Challengers as Camaros or Mustangs.

And you better pray you never get in a wreck with your Demon as Dodge pretty much open yourself up to a law suit by signing that waiver stating the tires and features is not meant for the road. I talked to 4 of my lawyer friends and they all said the same thing with that as Dodge states that what comes on the car is not meant for the public roads and streets.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Trust me, I get what you're saying. And in part I do agree. There's always the "I could take a Honda Civic and beat a P1 with enough money" argument out there.

My real stickler is the cage, the price tag, and that I don't particularly care for the commodification of speed as a purchasable widget. Yes, supercars and hypercars exist. But for the longest time it took talent, time, and dedication to be fast at the drag strip. Now it's as easy as going to the local dealership and breaking out a check book.

I miss the good ol days and i'm not even old.

You just have to adjust what your idea of "fast" is. Back when I was coming up in the car game if you were in the 12's you were kicking ass. 11's? You pretty much owned the road. I was making 650whp and slayed 99% of the cars I came across. That's nothing now.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I look at the Demon the same way I look at cars that have factory "clusters" and line locks. It used to be pure aftermarket if you wanted a gauge cluster to see AFR, boost pressure, engine oil or head temps. Then the car makers got in on the action. They provide the part, command a higher price.

Well, most guys I have known with 9 second cars DON'T build their own 9 second race car. They pay someone to do it. Well, like the cluster gauges, Dodge decided to get in on the action. In this case, instead of the local speed shop doing it, it's FCA.

They deserve a lot of credit for having the guts to step into the ring on this one, and they set a bunch of records and firsts in the process.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Ordered my Demon last week. MSRP. A hair over 91K with leather seats, stereo, red seat belts, black hood, 4 seats and engine block heater. Demon crate which comes with $7,000 in parts is a $1 option and can be ordered when I get the car.

I was a Ford guy forever. But the wait for the new GT500 has been forever. I've had a 2015 Challenger Hellcat and told everyone I was waiting for the new GT500. It never came. So Demon it is.

I feel like Dodge has totally F#$Ked Ford and Chevy's plans up. Look at the Demon hype. Nobody is talking about the GT350 or ZL1 1LE anymore. Dodge understands the US market. People want to go fast in a STRAIGHT LINE in America.

There's also the branding. Tell someone you drive a ZL1 1LE and watch their face. Tell them you drive a DEMON. That's good marketing.

What happened to Ford? They used to lead and now they are playing catchup big time.

+1000000000000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_Snake_

Established Member
And you better pray you never get in a wreck with your Demon as Dodge pretty much open yourself up to a law suit by signing that waiver stating the tires and features is not meant for the road. I talked to 4 of my lawyer friends and they all said the same thing with that as Dodge states that what comes on the car is not meant for the public roads and streets.

Have you read the waiver? That's not even close to what it says.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge-demands-owners-sign-waiver-when-ordering-demon/

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Demon crate which comes with $7,000 in parts is a $1 option and can be ordered when I get the car.

I doubt the crate can be ordered for a dollar after the fact. If you don't/didn't take the option when you order(ed) the car, you're setting yourself up.

earl lee

Established Member
I doubt the crate can be ordered for a dollar after the fact. If you don't/didn't take the option when you order(ed) the car, you're setting yourself up.

I dont see a reason why anybody ordering one wouldnt just get all the options minus the sunroof, you'd be dumb not to.

I will say this though,if I was a collector, I'd get the sunroof option, we all know that is going to be a super low volume option as FCA really doesnt want to put on this car. So if you were a collector, max spec is the way to go.

blk02edge

Established Member

Pretty cool that you got one but the only hype I see anywhere online and around is about the Z1LE lol. And back in '15 the hype was far greater for the gt350.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Pretty cool that you got one but the only hype I see anywhere online and around is about the Z1LE lol. And back in '15 the hype was far greater for the gt350.

The internet almost broke because of the Demon launch. The ZL1 or 350 never came close to that.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The internet almost broke because of the Demon launch. The ZL1 or 350 never came close to that.

Yep. Not exactly sure what hype he has seen for either the GT350 or ZL1 1LE. Surely not endless hype commercials. I made a comment in another thread, the best GT/GT350 commercial I've seen was from K&N on a regular GT doing a burnout as it left a green light.

Gotta hand it to Dodge,......they have a killer marketing team!

Yep.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Yep. Not exactly sure what hype he has seen for either the GT350 or ZL1 1LE. Surely not endless hype commercials. I made a comment in another thread, the best GT/GT350 commercial I've seen was from K&N on a regular GT doing a burnout as it left a green light.

Yep.

Did a little digging on the forum (my search skills are limited and probably not 100% correct), and in terms of total replies in a single thread, a Demon titled thread has more than the largest GT350 one. On a Ford leaning site, that's saying a lot.

blk02edge

Established Member
hmm, well I don't see it. To me the demon is a car people think is cool but wouldn't actually buy. The gt350 was non stop on here and other places including euro car site for a loooong time. Majority of the replies in the demon thread were "haaa stupid ford and chevy shakin in them boots loool" when in reality, they aren't

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
hmm, well I don't see it. To me the demon is a car people think is cool but wouldn't actually buy. The gt350 was non stop on here and other places including euro car site for a loooong time. Majority of the replies in the demon thread were "haaa stupid ford and chevy shakin in them boots loool" when in reality, they aren't

If it wasn't $85K plus ADM I'd buy it. The car would be perfectly streetable just like Hellcat, ZL1, GT500, CTSV, etc. It has ac, warranty, 4 tires so it can turn when needed. It's a monster of a car.

blk02edge

Established Member
If it wasn't $85K plus ADM I'd buy it. The car would be perfectly streetable just like Hellcat, ZL1, GT500, CTSV, etc. It has ac, warranty, 4 tires so it can turn when needed. It's a monster of a car.
I agree... it's an awesome car, reason I wouldn't but one is because we don't have straight roads here and I find the price a bit hard to accept.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... The gt350 was non stop on here and other places including euro car site for a loooong time. ...

There's a GT350 thread on a Porsche forum that is 177 pages long, was started in December of 2015, and is still active.

Users who are viewing this thread