Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I am going to set it up for towing for track days with the Shelby. Makes sense to me to tow the car I plan on racing, in the event I need a ride home. LOL
LOL
Good call. Plus, you get to show up with 2 awesome vehicles and drive them both. One on the way to/from and one on the track.
Winning.

V8Flexin

Established Member
It's not a Killer Chiller. It redirects the cold air from the AC vents to the intake. The Killer Chiller refrigerates the intercooler fluid.

Sent from my BlackBerry. The blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use!
Are you sure about that? Ducting air to the supercharger inlet at the front of the engine sounds like a highly unlikely situation. Also if they even managed to keep the air at 40*, It would be heated by a hot supercharger (@200*+), then compressed heating it more, then flow through the intercooler which dependent on water temp could heat or cool the air before entering the cylinder. That doesn't sound too efficient. I have a killer chiller on my car and get IC water temps under 60* which translates to IAT2 of around 80* under full load. That with engine coolant temp around 170*. I'm betting they're using a system like a killer chiller as they're claiming similar results (up to 45* lower IAT2 temps).

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jbs$

Established Member
I went by my friendly Dealer today, however, there was no one authorize to even talk about the Demon. This will be an owner only deal when the Dealer has more information. Expect prices that are not for the faint of heart. I guess that it is a good thing that I really don't want one.

Recon

Established Member
cb29e0cbd203fc8b5f33fb1094e8a19f.jpg

Saw this in an article. B5 Blue if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
cb29e0cbd203fc8b5f33fb1094e8a19f.jpg

Saw this in an article. B5 Blue if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

I am still struggling with those bushwacker flares.

I wish they would have flared the complete fender, something like this:

2008-2016-dodge-challenger-widebody-package-7.jpg

I guess it could be worse:

Challenger%20Widebody%20Kit%20Classic%20design%20concepts_zps5jgswhes.jpg

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Good job getting that car to hook from a dig. I'm on about 580whp with a 305/45r18 MT and can't hook from a dig on the street.
I put down 580 and run that tire size as well. With my 305/60r15's with old mickeys it does way better. So you need more sidewall and suspension. Still may have to lay it on the gas on an unprepped road but it can be done. Cant just curb stop the gas pedal like on American History X and expect front tires to lift.

"But they can't engineer good handling cars like Ford & Chevy"....VIPER ACR.
This. But people only hear what they want. Majority of people who race, drag race.
It's not a Killer Chiller. It redirects the cold air from the AC vents to the intake. The Killer Chiller refrigerates the intercooler fluid.
AC into the intake? what? Do you have any idea how much air is sucked into the engine? There is no way it does that and is efficient. What makes you think that?
I have a killer chiller on my car and get IC water temps under 60* which translates to IAT2 of around 80* under full load.
80* damn! i sure wish mine worked that well!! mine will pull timing spraying meth at the track by the 900-1000' mark.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
80* damn! i sure wish mine worked that well!! mine will pull timing spraying meth at the track by the 900-1000' mark.

The intercooler setup I had when I turbo'd the Lightning would keep IAT2's in the 60's at the end of the run. Too bad it wasn't that efficient all the time, but still did damn well in this heat.

V8Flexin

Established Member
I put down 580 and run that tire size as well. With my 305/60r15's with old mickeys it does way better. So you need more sidewall and suspension. Still may have to lay it on the gas on an unprepped road but it can be done. Cant just curb stop the gas pedal like on American History X and expect front tires to lift.

This. But people only hear what they want. Majority of people who race, drag race.

AC into the intake? what? Do you have any idea how much air is sucked into the engine? There is no way it does that and is efficient. What makes you think that?

Yeah water/meth mixes don't do much cooling especially on posi displacement blowers. You mostly just gain the 105 octane bump.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread