Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Recon

Established Member
Thing is going to be wicked.
I'm liking it a lot, and I'm more of a road course guy. Maybe build a Demon into a corner carver? Yes it's a boat but like all things you can get them to handle. Not as good as others but not absolutely horrible either.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Okay... I am getting slammed from a few people about my "fuzzy" math. Most of you here are on the same page, that we are playing a game called Make a Wild Ass Guess. If we are making stuff up for entertainment and to stimulate thought, I'm not sure what the big deal is.

The math on other Easter eggs don't add up either. They are hints. But for the sake of discussion and to stop the stupid messages on FB, this is why I said what I said...

First, we have to remember that mass is not weight. Mass is "stuff" and weight is the effect of gravity on that "stuff". One Newton is 1kg * m/s^2 (standard unit of mass). Two of the 3 values are vectors. If we do the real math based on earth gravity, 575kg * 500m/s/s = 287.5kn.

Well, that is totally off, because the car is supposed to weigh about 1800kg (about 4,000 lbs after weight reduction). That would put the car at 17.5kn, not 287.5kn.

Then I thought, what if its a hint to a riddle, not a math problem. We know that the hint has to do with Newton's Law of Motion. They are telling us that is the case in the title. Based on that, the value I mentioned before, 9.8, is actually 9.8 m/s^2. This is the average acceleration of a falling object due to the force of gravity. 1 Newton (force of acceleration) in Earth gravity is the equivalent weight of 1/9.80665 kg. Rounded up, is .102 kg.

If the formula is a hint to values, not a math problem, I assume that the 13.5 is Newtons, or about 1.28g's. The question I was left with is, 1.28g's "when"? What is the 575@500?

Anyway... that's the game I'm playing. I am likely 100% wrong... but we're supposed to be having fun, not sniping people on FB and forums about bad math skills.

Thanks for playing along.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Two piece drive shaft... IRS.... lame. I thought they might actually get serious with this car.

Recon

Established Member
Ironically I saw it as an ad before seeing the actual video.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Judging by that video,.......I don't think I'm going to like the looks of it with the fender flares. I'll save judgement till I see one in person though.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Speaking of Fate of the Furious.. I wonder if that 18 mile long landing strip will have a cameo in this one...?

blk02edge

Established Member
Speaking of Fate of the Furious.. I wonder if that 18 mile long landing strip will have a cameo in this one...?
You really have to wonder if the makers of F&F sit back at the end of each scene and say, yep that's acceptable.

Jefe

Established Member
Gotta be tougher than the stock Hellcat driveshaft. All you need to break it are some good tires and prepped track

yn5SkeO-1.png

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta be tougher than the stock Hellcat driveshaft. All you need to break it are some good tires and prepped track

yn5SkeO-1.png

damn.

I figured if theyre going balls out on this thing its would be a one piece carbon fiber or something like that

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
damn.

I figured if theyre going balls out on this thing its would be a one piece carbon fiber or something like that

Or at least some sort of crazy one piece Dom steel with beefed up yokes.

Throw in a drive shaft hoop too...

Two piece is epic fail.

Users who are viewing this thread