Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't shoot the messenger because I couldn't believe it when I saw the video, but the Demon isn't the first to raise the wheels. Motor Trend or Car & Driver got the GT350 to lift the front tires during their 1/4 mile testing. It was only about 2" of air, but still, the front tires were fully off the ground. And that was with the stock tires, not drag radials.
(Not shooting the messenger here.)
Yes, it did. I have the photo stuck in my head. I know the photo you are referring to. But,.......it's not a production car that you can just buy off the showroom floor/order from the dealership and run 9's with.
(If you are allowed on the drag strip! lol :D)

Jefe

Established Member
The biggest loser in all of this hype has to be Chevrolet. Just like when the 12 Zl1 came out and Ford stole their thunder with the 13 GT500, Chevy brings a much better ZL1 this go around and now Dodge steals the show with the Demon.
Ya that was a fun few weeks for Chevy. Now get back in line!

blk02edge

Established Member
The biggest loser in all of this hype has to be Chevrolet. Just like when the 12 Zl1 came out and Ford stole their thunder with the 13 GT500, Chevy brings a much better ZL1 this go around and now Dodge steals the show with the Demon.
1- they are two totally different cars and the ZL1 is better in more ways than than the demon is better than the ZL1
2- the gt500 isn't getting the ecoboost so stop whining

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Quite the contrary... lol

2 totally different segments of the muscle car market...

Chevy's ZL1 OWNS the road course / driving experience / handling / all around pkg. Its the jack of all trades.

Dodge's Demon OWNS the street/strip.

If there was a manufacturer "losing" in the muscle car wars, it would be Ford.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Red Key on pump gas is 808HP/717TQ and it will run 9.90@130. The crate, PCM and race gas gets you 840hp for $1. Thats how they run 2.3s 0 to 60 and 9.65@140mph.

I have a hard time believing with 32 more hp its picking up 10mph in the 1/4. 9.90@135 sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
1- they are two totally different cars and the ZL1 is better in more ways than than the demon is better than the ZL1
2- the gt500 isn't getting the ecoboost so stop whining

Quite the contrary... lol

2 totally different segments of the muscle car market...

Chevy's ZL1 OWNS the road course / driving experience / handling / all around pkg. Its the jack of all trades.

Dodge's Demon OWNS the street/strip.

If there was a manufacturer "losing" in the muscle car wars, it would be Ford.

Both of you guys are missing my point. ZL1 is badass in my opinion. However since the burnout on stage and fireworks going off, crickets......It's getting 0 attention currently. That is my point.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
That motor is reserved for supercars and the next gen GT500.
giphy.gif

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Both of you guys are missing my point. ZL1 is badass in my opinion. However since the burnout on stage and fireworks going off, crickets......It's getting 0 attention currently. That is my point.

You said "biggest loser is in all of this hype is Chevrolet"...

There are no losers. Maybe only in your mind.

Each car specializes in something different.

If you need press and "attention" in order to make you feel like a car is better, then it sounds like a personal problem.

Guys that want a driver's car / all around machine will go with the ZL1.

Guys that want the ultimate straight line speed car, will pick the Demon.

No losers at all.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
The Zl1 has been on the streets for months already. How is GM losing out? Crickets? Why hype a car already being delivered and in a few months onto its second year of production with a new handling package available. The 13 GT500 was marketed directly at the ZL1, not so with the Demon.

Ford gave the GT Mustang active exhaust and MRC which is nothing more than a trickle down from the 350. Maybe now it will actually compete with an SS Camaro. Hell the SS 1LE gives the non R 350 a run for its money right now. If anything Ford is losing out in this game.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You said "biggest loser is in all of this hype is Chevrolet"...

There are no losers. Maybe only in your mind.

Each car specializes in something different.

If you need press and "attention" in order to make you feel like a car is better, then it sounds like a personal problem.

Guys that want a driver's car / all around machine will go with the ZL1.

Guys that want the ultimate straight line speed car, will pick the Demon.

No losers at all.

You're not following me or maybe I'm missing your point? Dodge completely stole the buzz surrounding the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE. What car and company is everyone talking about. The Demon and Dodge. We have 49 pages on this site. How many pages devoted to the ZL1, it's a footnote. Doesn't matter which car is better and for why, the Demon has been a marketing goldmine for Dodge.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The Zl1 has been on the streets for months already. How is GM losing out? Crickets? Why hype a car already being delivered and in a few months onto its second year of production with a new handling package available. The 13 GT500 was marketed directly at the ZL1, not so with the Demon.

Ford gave the GT Mustang active exhaust and MRC which is nothing more than a trickle down from the 350. Maybe now it will actually compete with an SS Camaro. Hell the SS 1LE gives the non R 350 a run for its money right now. If anything Ford is losing out in this game.

The ZL1 1LE was the talk of the town last week, now what?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
You're not following me or maybe I'm missing your point? Dodge completely stole the buzz surrounding the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE. What car and company is everyone talking about. The Demon and Dodge. We have 49 pages on this site. How many pages devoted to the ZL1, it's a footnote. Doesn't matter which car is better and for why, the Demon has been a marketing goldmine for Dodge.
I will agree with that. HP is easy to market. Any time you claim highest hp, quickest or fastest in any metric it gets attention. I think the hype and teasers leading up to the actual reveal is what got most interested. This forum tends to gravitate towards big HP and 1/4 times too.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
The ZL1 1LE was the talk of the town last week, now what?
I chalk that up to poor marketing by the morons at GM. 3 seconds faster at "GM's" proving grounds equates to jack shit when buying a car for most of us on here. Plus most hate GM on this board.

Also the Demon is basically a new car sharing only a platform to be honest. The changes to create it are extensive and ground breaking for an OEM. The changes on the 1LE are minimal and nothing more than checking an option box when ordering. Nothing new in terms of technology being used. Tires, aero and shocks they've already used on the Z/28. HP sells cars and I believe Dodge set the bar too high for Ford or GM to answer.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I will agree with that. HP is easy to market. Any time you claim highest hp, quickest or fastest in any metric it gets attention. I think the hype and teasers leading up to the actual reveal is what got most interested. This forum tends to gravitate towards big HP and 1/4 times too.

Agreed. Dodge did a tremendous job marketing this car, and even the upcoming SRT392 Durango with it's 4 wheel burnout video. The teaser vids leading up to the burnout on stage and then launch of the Demon is putting them in the minds of enthusiast. Not only does Ford need to step up to the plate in regards to the next GT500, they need to market the shit out of it. K&N has a better commercial for the mustang GT then Ford does.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Who cares about "buzz"? I gues you do... not me.

I already know which car Id pick and it aint the Demon.

I will agree wih your last statement though, Dodge's marketing team has been ON POINT.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Hopefully Dodge can stay around a while. This latest buzz seems like 1 last hoorah for a dying company. CEO wants to sell, aging platforms with no successors and killing off of models every year with nothing to fill the void. Jeep and Ram are safe but I worry about Dodge.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe Dodge set the bar too high for Ford or GM to answer.

You are very naive if you truly believe that neither Ford nor GM have the ability to answer to Dodge.

It is just a matter of wanting to do it and having the nuts to do it. But they definitely have the ability to make it happen.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
You are very naive if you truly believe that neither Ford nor GM have the ability to answer to Dodge.

It is just a matter of wanting to do it and having the nuts to do it. But they definitely have the ability to make it happen.
Where did I say they couldn't. If you read my post after that you'd see my feelings on Dodge having 1 last hoorah. I never said they couldn't. Neither have the balls to do it is what I've been stating and Dodge knows it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Where did I say they couldn't. If you read my post after that you'd see my feelings on Dodge having 1 last hoorah. I never said they couldn't. Neither have the balls to do it is what I've been stating and Dodge knows it.

By you stating "I believe Dodge set the bar too high for Ford or GM to answer", it sounds like you are saying that they both could not answer to Dodge. As in having the ability to counter.

If you meant otherwise, then we have no real disagreement.

Users who are viewing this thread