DOB (Coyote) Sale?

Zfire28

Established Member
My own Department of Boost Coyote build is almost complete. Just gotta shim an idler for belt alignment, put the front bumper back on and send vmp some data logs, then she should be ready to rock. I'll post some pics soon.....

Anyways I received an email from DOB stating that buying a coyote kit in the next 2-3 months may save you some money. Maybe a sale or something? He didn't give much for details. I figured ide let you guys know, in case your planning a winter project;)

If you have any questions about the DOB kit, feel free to ask. I can answer almost anything you need to know short of HP numbers. Its really not too terrible to install and looks pretty clean compared to pictures of the DOB 3v kit I've seen.

Just a little FYI for you guys

Zfire28

Established Member
R6wgUA.jpg

GTaggie

That's pretty cool!! Very interested in this. Do you have any exhaust work done? Did you go with the optional composite heat barrier? What HP numbers do you hope to see more or less?

Zfire28

Established Member
That's pretty cool!! Very interested in this. Do you have any exhaust work done? Did you go with the optional composite heat barrier? What HP numbers do you hope to see more or less?
The only exhaust work is Roush Axle backs. I did get the composite heat barrier, hopefully it helps with the IATs. I will be very happy if I see over 550HP to the wheels, but would not be surprised if it's closer to 600 depending on how high I rev her.

Kman11

Established Member
Very interesting. I never heard of this kit / option. Picture looks great!

I will be following this thread looking forward to seeing how everything turns out.

Anyone have any info on people with these kits and track times, dyno #'s, overall review of the systems, etc?

Zfire28

Established Member
Very interesting. I never heard of this kit / option. Picture looks great!

I will be following this thread looking forward to seeing how everything turns out.

Anyone have any info on people with these kits and track times, dyno #'s, overall review of the systems, etc?

I know lots of people have the DOB kit on their 3Vs but, I scoured the internet trying to find others who have the Coyote kit with almost no luck. There is 1 dyno video I found online of one hitting a little over 550HP at around 6500rpm
It installs almost identical to the Roush kit with slightly more subassembly, and is much less expensive so I figured, what the hell and purchased one.

Slowb00st

Established Member
I know lots of people have the DOB kit on their 3Vs but, I scoured the internet trying to find others who have the Coyote kit with almost no luck. There is 1 dyno video I found online of one hitting a little over 550HP at around 6500rpm
It installs almost identical to the Roush kit with slightly more subassembly, and is much less expensive so I figured, what the hell and purchased one.

How much boost are you going to be running? What heat exchanger are you using?

Btw you should cut out the stock res tube out of the inside of the intake, if you havent done so already.

Zfire28

Established Member
How much boost are you going to be running? What heat exchanger are you using?

Btw you should cut out the stock res tube out of the inside of the intake, if you havent done so already.

10.5 lbs boost. Heat exchanger is a used 13 Shelby unit I got off eBay.

I was going to pull the baffle from the resonator but as I understand there is not really any performance gain by doing so, but does make the whine a little louder.

Users who are viewing this thread