Do you wash your car or do you have it washed at a car wash ?

PONY MAN

Established Member
Just curious, I own several cars & a F-150.
I wash my own vehicles.
Some of my friends take their cars to the detail shops, but I like to wash my own.
How do you guys feel ?

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
3 months a year i clean it myself. in the winter the water will freeze before i can dry it off. thats my driver. the cobra gets put away in november until spring.

ViciousJay

Established Member
wash mine ONLY, too many REVING punks at the carwash, one lost it in my SS, needless that pissed me off, they tired giving me a $150 FREE DETAIL, i throw there ticket on ground got in my car and spun through 1 and 2 and kicked shit all over the building

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Wash my own...thats why im waiting for spring. I stocked up on a bunch of wash,wax, claybar all kinds or crap to clean the hell out of my truck. I hate seeing it this dirty. I might just run up to the self carwash and do a quick was to get the salt off for now.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Archilles said:
wash mine ONLY, too many REVING punks at the carwash, one lost it in my SS, needless that pissed me off, they tired giving me a $150 FREE DETAIL, i throw there ticket on ground got in my car and spun through 1 and 2 and kicked shit all over the building
what do u mean by "lost it"?

LocoGT

Banned
I wash mine by hand. I will not let anyone else wash them.

I have been out there @ the car wash in the middle of winter before washing my car while I can't feel my hands. :lol:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I wash all of my own by hand, only thing I don't is my stroker, and that is only to wash the salt off in the winter, or when it is too cold to do at home. I am very picky, I only let my bro wash his 02 GT under my supervision.

ViciousJay

Established Member
he was pulling it in the wash and was reving the piss out of it then dumped it into 1st and she barked and went sides and he almost ended up hitting 2 workers and smashing it into the side of the wash

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Yeah thats why i never let anyone drive my truck or do anything to my truck. When i take it to the dealer i only let one tech work on it or drive it. Since i know him

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
LOL damn... i'd be so mad i'd would run up on them so fast. i'd probably get into a fight

ViciousJay

Established Member
yeah i made that mistake, even back in the day when i worked at a carwash I NEVER REV'D or slid or SPUN tires, unless i asked or they saw my ride and and asked whos it was then they pissed themselves

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I wash my cars by hand also. The lincoln only gets it about 3 times a year though.....it takes FOREVER to clean her :)

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I usually was mine but occasionally use one particular place when I'm lazy. They do really good work with mits and don't drive the car in, I do.

Last edited:

406 'velle

Established Member
i wash my chevelle always by hand, my F-150 by hand in the summer and then in those quarter power washer deals when the weather is shitty

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Always by hand :) and it's easy because it's a car compared to my last 2 vehicles which were explorers.

Users who are viewing this thread