Do you want your kids reading from the Quran and practicing Islam?

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
no i don't have kids, but i wouldn't want them forced to do that, however i would have no problem with it being an ELECTIVE class in high school or something. but thats just me, granted i don't know ALOT about islam but i know its not completely terrorist organization like people want to believe

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
timpryor said:
no i don't have kids, but i wouldn't want them forced to do that, however i would have no problem with it being an ELECTIVE class in high school or something. but thats just me, granted i don't know ALOT about islam but i know its not completely terrorist organization like people want to believe

America is a Christian society. Iran is a Muslim society. Religion is not a language or a skill required for employment or survival, and therefore should never be taught in schools for any reason other than historical purposes.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
05 Roush said:
America is a Christian society. Iran is a Muslim society. Religion is not a language or a skill required for employment or survival, and therefore should never be taught in schools for any reason other than historical purposes.
well thats not the point i was trying to make

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
timpryor said:
well thats not the point i was trying to make

I know what you meant. What I was referring to was even an electoral option. It should be left out of school completely. If kids want that option, they can opt to do so at non-school functions. There are plenty of opportunities, but they won't be taken advantage of because people today, especially kids, don't read.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
dirtchicken said:
Christians have killed FAR more people than Muslims ever will.

I believe you are actually trying to say that Christian Imperialists have killed FAR more people than Muslim Imperialists.

Even when it's stated that way, experts argue that Muslim Empires (e.g. Ottoman, Mughal, Arab, Umayyad, etc.) were far more deadly through the ages than Christian ones.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Lightningfr said:
if someone WANTED to read it as an elective wtf is the big deal?
who are you to tell someone else how to live there life?

We all do when we pay for it through tax dollars and our children usually do not have a choice as to which school they can attend for good reason. Kids in grade school are typically under the age of 18, and parents have the ultimate legal say in what they are allowed to learn. Because the information may conflict with parents' and siblings' family values and beliefs, you can clearly see why this type of material should not be allowed as an option when it can obviously contradict other values instilled in students.

Now if this was a college we are talking about, by all means go for it.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I don't see a problem with it being an elective. Americans who are not informed would be the only ones afraid. I have taken time to actually learn about Islam at the local Da'Wah Center, and I must say there were more anglo's present than anything else. Islam just like Christianity has multiple faces to it. Its the society that makes either one a "terrorist" or "zionist" worship. Many of the people present were former christian converts, who open the Qua'ran and became interested. You will always assume if you don't research.

Lightningfr

Banned
^ what he said...
i dont see the big deal...
BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
HAHAHAHA
i say they take reading out of schools that is a bs class
phyics and math is all you need =P

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Lightningfr said:
^ what he said...
i dont see the big deal...
BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
HAHAHAHA
i say they take reading out of schools that is a bs class
phyics and math is all you need =P

Knowledge is power only when there is discipline in the quest for it.

Lightningfr

Banned
sure....... i was watching family guy and that side clip was on lol anyway it was funny and fit right it
beacuse its great to learn..... and knowlege is power!!
haha i love that show..
that should be a class... humor

Users who are viewing this thread