Do you sweat on your suede?

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
Im not fat but i do prespire A LOT and it seems to make my suede damp, im worried that it will ruin it over time, anyone else have this problem? and yes im serious :rockon:

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
It not really suede but it's real tough just clean it every so often and it will look fine. I'm 170lb and I sweat, the cabin gets hot.
Don't sweat it..

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
it's synthetic microfiber, which is actually designed to absorb moisture and not be harmed by it

Clean it periodically and you won't have to worry about salt stains from your sweat

Last edited:

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
haha thanks guys, what do you guys use to clean it, i know there is info on cobra bobs but i wanna see what you guys choose and what does the job for you

StreetSnake

Established Member
it's synthetic microfiber, which is actually designed to absorb moisture and not be harmed by it

Clean it periodically and you won't have to worry about salt stains from your sweat

What he said. Mixture of Woolite and water works very well

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
My wife lied to me the other day when she said, "You don't sweat much for a fat man."
I wish. I use a towel in the summer and drape it over the steering wheel and shift knob when I leave the car. The towel dries off from the heat, and the towel keeps the steering wheel and shift knob at a more reasonable temp.

divided

Established Member
I put a towel down when leaving the gym, or driving on a hot day. But It's definetly been moist before, and no stains!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
When I take the 03 to work or going to sweat I always put a beach towel on the seat.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
My car has seen FL and CA climates. I sweat like a whore in church constantly. I ONLY clean my alcantra when it is dirty, with just mild soap and water and the seats look brand friggin new at 5 years. I have seen 01 cobra seats that looked like poop after a year or so on meticulously kept cars, but for some reason these seats seem to stay nicer longer. Don't know why, just my observation. I wouldn't "sweat it"...

PDubs

Established Member
I used to, then I got some covers because I don't want too much sweat being absorbed in those things. Since I got the covers, no more problems!

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Thats the nice thing about all leather easy clean up, I can jump in with wet shorts after a day at the river or hangin out at the pool and not have to worry about it.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread