Do you need PPRV delete hose???

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
After searching around a while, I finally found an independently owned and operated NAPA store in SOCAL that will stock the Gates #27097 3/8" submersible hose(NAPA# H213) needed for the PPRV delete modification!!! :rockon:

From what I'm told, most NAPA stores will not order it because it doesn't sell well enough to keep it in inventory???:shrug:

I actually traveled over 20 miles to a NAPA location today because they said I could special order 3' but when I got there, the idiot behind the counter(Victor) said I had to order at least a box of 50'!!! WTF??? I asked why he didn't say anything about a minimal order amount when I was on the phone twice earlier in the day and he replied that his boss found out he was trying to order it and said no way unless it was a complete 50' section!!!:bs:

I wasn't too happy after spending over an hour in traffic trying to get to the shop to special order this stuff before 5:30 and having these jerk offs tell me to basically "pound sand"!!! After storming off and counting to 10 to keep from exploding...I started to call around to other local NAPA locations. After getting rejected by a couple, I finally found a location that was willing to stock it just for us Cobra guys!!! The only catch was I had to tell my fellow Cobra brotheren about them and try to secure them additional orders for the hose!!!

I'll be going there in the morning(Nov.13) to pick up 3' for my Cobra, does anybody need some of this hose picked up??? I'm willing to pick it up and mail it to you just for whatever it costs me plus shipping. Just drop me a postal MO for the amount and I'll send it out to you via USPS!!! Just PM me if you are interested!!!

If you want to order directly through this shop, here is the contact info:

Make sure you ask for Roy...

***USE THIS SHOP, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!***
NAPA AUTO PARTS
Carson Auto Parts
518 E Sepulveda Blvd
Carson CA , 90745
(310) 835-8307
***THESE GUYS WILL HELP YOU!!!***

Oh yeah, and do yourself a favor...never deal with this following shop that pretty much told me to come on down and special order something that they didn't even want to carry to begin with. I wasted by time and gas money on their incompetence and BS...they never even apologized!!!

Victor the counter guy will lie to you...

***STAY AWAY FROM THIS ESTABLISHMENT!!!***
NAPA AUTO PARTS
Eddings Bros Auto Parts
13415 S Hawthorne Blvd
Hawthorne CA , 90250
(310) 676-2228
***THESE GUYS WILL WASTE YOUR TIME!!!***

Later...Dave

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Last edited:

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
For you guys that need the hose, make sure you ask for Roy...

He sells packages of 1' ea. for $15, not bad considering most places sell it for $20 and some vendors sell a 3' kit with clamps and plastic fitting for $75!!!

Give Roy a call and he'll hook you up!!!

NAPA AUTO PARTS
Carson Auto Parts
518 E Sepulveda Blvd
Carson CA , 90745
(310) 835-8307

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Well...

I picked up those hose from Roy at Carson Auto Parts today!!!

Roy was great, he figured out why some NAPA dealers have a hard time ordering this stuff. He showed me that when they bring up the NAPA part #H213(Gates# 27097) on their computer, a picture of a full box is shown and not a 1' section. Since having a full box in their inventory would be a waste because not enough people buy it, most shops would rather just lose the sale instead of researching it furthur. This is exactly what happened to me with Eddings Auto Parts, they told me to "pound sand" because they thought they had to order a full box!!!

Roy said that he'll carry limited quantities on hand for us Cobra guys and can usually get more in within a day or so depending on when you order it.

Again...

The hose comes in an individual pack of 1'
3/8" submersible hose(SAE30R10)
Gates part#27097
NAPA part#H213
Most sell it for $20 a foot, Carson Auto Parts sell it for $15 a foot!!!

Get it through your local NAPA or give Roy a call here in socal, you can pick it up or he can ship out to you if your not local!!!

Make sure you ask for Roy...

NAPA AUTO PARTS
Carson Auto Parts
518 E Sepulveda Blvd
Carson CA , 90745
(310) 835-8307

Later...Dave

Users who are viewing this thread