Do you need a TQ converter installed in Norcal?

ducman996

Established Member
My best friend works in a shop and they let him use the shop for whatever on the weekends. I assisted him in installing my 2400rpm stall converter in my 00'L this weekend, although I was pretty useless most of the time. Including changing the diff fluid and having to pull the exhaust as one piece from the manifolds back since the midpipes are welded to the cat back, it took 6 hours and went pretty smoothly. I went with royal purple tranny and diff fluid and a can of trans cooler flush. My total bill for the fluids and cleaner was $173. $8/qt for the ATF fluid, $9 for the dif fluid and $15 for the cleaner + tax.

Any way, I asked if he'd be interested in doing this for some other L's and he said no problem, $ cash under the table for the Labor of coarse. So if you want to watch and BS while your converter gets installed on a Saturday morning with some premium fluids for less than what most tranny shops would charge for just the converter R&R, I got the hook up!

Location - Redding CA. Disclaimer- I'm not trying to sell parts, drum up business, or break any SVT bord rules, just want to share a sweet deal and a good time w/ some L owners.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread