Do you need a retune with new MAF? Ba or MAFia

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
Hi,

So in the effort to price out what a whipple, kb or vmp will REALLY run me, I am trying to figure out if I need a retune with the supporting mods.

I imagine it is a good idea, but can I drive the car before the new tune is in? I heard that the new MAF renders the car undriveable.

If anyone has this research already, please fwd along :)
Thanks.

46stang

Established Member
Well with a new maf yes. The transfer function will be off which will affect AF ratios which could damage your motor.
If you get a mafia it has a setting in it for stock so it won't alter anything. But once you change it from stock setting it will definitely need to be tuned.

Zacharyx

Established Member
choose the blower, maf etc you are changing to and talk to your tuner about a start up tune, do not beat on the car on that tune. Then trailer the car or remote tune it, if you must drive the car to the tuner stay out of boost

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
Well with a new maf yes. The transfer function will be off which will affect AF ratios which could damage your motor.
If you get a mafia it has a setting in it for stock so it won't alter anything. But once you change it from stock setting it will definitely need to be tuned.

+1
I installed a MAFia & BAP on my car and had then set at 0 on the drive to the tuner, staying out of boost when I retuned... Tuner will adjust them as needed. To answer you ?... Yes you'll need a retune!

Users who are viewing this thread