Do you know what's in your tune

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
I am just curious if the guys that have sperchargers know what's in there tune? How the timing table is set up,A/F. open loop/closed loop, load values etc.

This thread is not to debate but for us to learn more about our cars and how to make them go faster safely.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
After learning more and more about this stuff, all I can say is tuning is like witchcraft mumbo jumbo. Diablo alone has 1600 different tuning variables in the software. Trying to get the right combination seems to be like throwing ingredients into a black caudron and hoping for the best.

At least Beer is a good warlock! :p

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
After learning more and more about this stuff, all I can say is tuning is like witchcraft mumbo jumbo. Diablo alone has 1600 different tuning variables in the software. Trying to get the right combination seems to be like throwing ingredients into a black caudron and hoping for the best.

At least Beer is a good warlock! :p

After the time we spent with Mr. Beer :poke:, I am seriously impressed. He made a Dyno Queen Bitch :bowdown: of my car, but it was seriously worth it. :rockon:

HwyCruiser

Procharger #3
Established Member
And I'm sitting back reaping the benefits. Thanks guys for getting Diablo squared away on tuning blown Marauders.

BTW, TooManyFords needs to post next to keep the Procharger kit count-off going in sequence here.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
I still say I'm really #3.... :)

If we get any updates down the road from Diablosport we will make sure to let you guys know. Hey John what # kit does your personalized F.I.T. install book say? :burnout:

Tom

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Kudos to Greg, I hear he sold another kit today. All it took was a ride in Tom's car!

What number is that?

DJP

Established Member
tmac1337 said:

TMAC, I started reading these boards about 18 months ago when I first became interested in buying a Marauder. What I know now is 100% more than what I knew then thanks to informative posts from people like you, Billy GMan and others.

Now I'm confused why you are stating that tuning is mumbo jumbo. I felt that the right tune on my car was night and day........SOTP and Dyno.

Are you talking a higher level of tune on S/C'd Marauders or just tuning in general? :read:

HwyCruiser

Procharger #3
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Kudos to Greg, I hear he sold another kit today. All it took was a ride in Tom's car!

What number is that?

If I've got everyone counted, the new one would be #8, so a total of 9 so far counting Greg's "#0". There was rumor of another being referred through ProCharger, so I might be off by one.

Anyway, I hear the #10 kit comes with a free set of steak knives.

DJP

Established Member
Whooopps. My Bad. You guy's are talking S/C'd. Just re-read the original question and answers :burn:

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:

What number is that?

Yep-I think it was a guy named "Lou", and he was at the picnic. A ride in Tom's car is all it takes for people to go home and grab the checkbook. Perhaps Greg will chime in and let us know what #kit he is up to?

Man, if this keeps up, Florida will have more supercharged cars than N/A cars! :banana:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
Yep-I think it was a guy named "Lou", and he was at the picnic. A ride in Tom's car is all it takes for people to go home and grab the checkbook. Perhaps Greg will chime in and let us know what #kit he is up to?

Man, if this keeps up, Florida will have more supercharged cars than N/A cars! :banana:

That would be cool. We will have to change our name to the SSSM (Supercharged Sunshine State Marauders). :rockon:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
DJP said:
tmac1337 said:
Now I'm confused why you are stating that tuning is mumbo jumbo. I felt that the right tune on my car was night and day........SOTP and Dyno.

Are you talking a higher level of tune on S/C'd Marauders or just tuning in general? :read:

DJP, tuning is a very difficult business when you start modifying a car and end up at the dealer of your choice. In my case, I have limited time dealing with SCT, but have spent over the last few months at least a week sitting beside Scott Beer at Diablo while he tunes and explains what he is doing.

Knowing what little I know now, I would never trust my car to a person who does not have at least a few years of experience doing a lot of tuning. There are a lot of dealers out there who have shops and do more vehicle repairs than tuning, and wing the tuning at that. Scott Beer's bread and butter is not as a mechanic although he knows a lot about engines, he has been tuning full time for over five years.

That is valuable experience. I firmly believe that most dealers, no matter which company, have no or very little idea of what they are doing, and especially when it comes to tuning supercharged cars.

At this time in my limited knowledge, I think it is nothing but plain trouble to purchase a supercharger kit from a person who has a garage and does all types of vehicle repairs, comes up with any type of blower kit on his own, then does all the tuning too! Just asking for trouble as a consumer. One person can not be excellent in all areas. Better to separate the three as much as possible to find people who are excellent in all categories when spending your money.

Both SCT and Diablo have some great software tuners out there, not many, the trick is to find one.

I am lucky and have the best of everything: Claude as a mechanic and friend, a good blower kit from a name maker, and an excellent tuner close to my house.

Trilogy owners are also lucky, a great engineering company who produced a trouble free kit, and an owner who was smart enough to seek out a good tuner.

My 2 cents.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
That would be cool. We will have to change our name to the SSSM (Supercharged Sunshine State Marauders). :rockon:

We just may have to. I think that there will be 2 more procharger sales in FL soon, more work for Claude to do on the weekends :pepper:

DJP

Established Member
I hear you TMAC. I'll throw a shout out to Jim over at JDM Enginering located in Jersey. The man just flat out knows how to tune, and I'd recommend him to any N/A'd Northeast Marauders seeking a good tune. Not meant as an infomercial, JMO.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Most anyone can tune a Cobra but a Supercharged Marauder is a another story.

Our cars are automatics and are much heavier.

You can not run as much timing and have to run more fuel in diffrent spots on the RPM range.

I had 5 people try to tune my orginal Marauder and not one could do it.

Scott Beer at Diablo Sport who is a master tuner spent countless hours on our test mule to get the proper safe tune.

It was well worth the wait!

tmac1337 said:
DJP said:
DJP, tuning is a very difficult business when you start modifying a car and end up at the dealer of your choice. In my case, I have limited time dealing with SCT, but have spent over the last few months at least a week sitting beside Scott Beer at Diablo while he tunes and explains what he is doing.

Knowing what little I know now, I would never trust my car to a person who does not have at least a few years of experience doing a lot of tuning. There are a lot of dealers out there who have shops and do more vehicle repairs than tuning, and wing the tuning at that. Scott Beer's bread and butter is not as a mechanic although he knows a lot about engines, he has been tuning full time for over five years.

That is valuable experience. I firmly believe that most dealers, no matter which company, have no or very little idea of what they are doing, and especially when it comes to tuning supercharged cars.

At this time in my limited knowledge, I think it is nothing but plain trouble to purchase a supercharger kit from a person who has a garage and does all types of vehicle repairs, comes up with any type of blower kit on his own, then does all the tuning too! Just asking for trouble as a consumer. One person can not be excellent in all areas. Better to separate the three as much as possible to find people who are excellent in all categories when spending your money.

Both SCT and Diablo have some great software tuners out there, not many, the trick is to find one.

I am lucky and have the best of everything: Claude as a mechanic and friend, a good blower kit from a name maker, and an excellent tuner close to my house.

Trilogy owners are also lucky, a great engineering company who produced a trouble free kit, and an owner who was smart enough to seek out a good tuner.

My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread