Do you guys forsee a nationwide ban on cell phone usage(non hands free) anytime soon?

Wildpony

Established Member
This seems to be about as bad as DUI sometimes.
Do you think it will ever be a traffic violation nationwide as a primary offense??

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Tests have shown that hands free phone usage is no better or worse than just holding the phone. I hate that DC passed this law and made it a primary offense, it should be secondary. I can't legally make a quick call waiting at a light without having a stupid ear bud in. How about someone making it harder to get a license in the first place instead of creating laws that are not based on fact. I'm not saying it's safe to use the phone while driving, just that it shouldn't be a primary offense.

griffined

SVT driver
I think someone famous would have to get killed in an awfull and tragic way for it to ever stand a chance of being done on a nationwide basis. I don't see widespread public support happening anyother way.

I do think a dozen states will probably get it passed.

Ed

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Since it is not likely that the Federal Government will make a Federal Statute like that, I would say no. But, I am sure that they can "convince" each state that it would be in their best interest to enact legislation in their state!

Users who are viewing this thread