Do you drive +149 mph on your Nitto 555r DR's?

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
same here, never been over 130. thats fast enough, i only care about the tq that you see down low. now thats fast!!!

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
No, exceeding that speed rating is not agood idea, if you trap faster than that I would go with a higher rated DR or full slick. If this is for high speed runs at prolonged run times i.e. Texas mile, I would not use a DR, and instead would use a higher rated street tire or slick.

tj04cobra

Established Member
not saying those are the odds, i really dont know what the odds are, i have taken the car that fast maybe 3 or 4 times before learning the damage that could be done. i felt stupid for pushing the car that fast anyhow.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
not saying those are the odds, i really dont know what the odds are, i have taken the car that fast maybe 3 or 4 times before learning the damage that could be done. i felt stupid for pushing the car that fast anyhow.

haha i was just being sarcastic with those odds, but it does seem that it wont be good to the motor to do it that much. trust me i wont push it past 140+.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
I don't think I will even own DRs. Too many stories of guys wiping out a guardrail when it starts to sprinkle. Even my 555s get a bit squirrely if I get caught in some rain.

Users who are viewing this thread