do they still sell the vortech supercharger

99toursvt

Established Member
i love responses like that demonsvt...well said, and you were very kind about it. i wish all wheel drive kits were cheap and available for contours.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Originally posted by 99toursvt
thats great a handful of guys have FI SVTC's but that does not mean its for everyone. that amount of time and $$$ they put in is pathetic for only 325hp.

I'd like to point out that 325whp is about 400 crank. Now compared to large displacement muscle cars and trucks, that isn't anything special. Compared to most of the "tuner" cars on the road it is a lot.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by 95Mike
I'd like to point out that 325whp is about 400 crank. Now compared to large displacement muscle cars and trucks, that isn't anything special. Compared to most of the "tuner" cars on the road it is a lot.
Then consider the power is being "supported" by 75% of the number of components or effectively each piece is taking 133% of the load of these "large displacement muscle cars and trucks"

In laymans terms...

From only 6 cylinders. Not 8 of them.

99toursvt

Established Member
so my next motor that will be an H4 (boxer 4 cylinder) that has 300hp. i guess hp per liter has no clout anymore

bj0233

Don't buy the streetflight kit. Yes you might have a lot more hp but the contour is FWD! You cannot launch that car at all. Save your five thousand and get a mustang or an AWD car. The SVT Contour does not really need to be modified. It is what it is, and if you are looking for more hp and speed, get a different car.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by MxRacerCam
btw.... looks like vortech is re-introducing their s/c kit for the contour/cougar
It now costs more and DOES NOT include a chip, tuning, or fuel upgrades... :burn:

Typical Vorcrap logic. Sell the same 100% failure rate bullshit kit (with less parts) for more money. :kaboom:

~~~paste from a Turbo vs Super/Crap post~~~

But the 3700 S/C as opposed to 5000 turbo seems more around my money limit.
No chip or tuning. $500 or more
No fuel upgrades $200-400 (injectors and pump)

Now it's $4500 vs $5000

No shaft support bearing ($300-500)

Now it's 5k vs 5k just to make the kit usable and maybe a little more reliable then it's 100% failure rate.

No intercooler. $1350+

Now it's $6350+ vs $5000

No headers. $650

Now it's 7k vs 5k...

...and guess what...

It Still makes substancially less power across the board.

Still out run by a NA 3L.
BSlap.gif

Vorcrap is Vorcrap regardless of now selling less kit for more money. :bash:

Dukeofsho

Established Member
Any one have track times with the kit? Plus, what about our little tranny problems......Quave??? I'm really thinking about buying this kit, just wondering about any issues with it.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
fastest time i saw was a 14.1. Quaife (or Torsen) is relatively cheap insurance on the tranny. if you do do that, the update the interanals as well. . IMO...throw the bottle on it and you'll get the same times out of it ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread