Do they make skid plates for our mustangs?

mikestoyz

Established Member
Jesus H christ....since installing the sportlines just over a week ago, I have scraped more than since Ive owned the car. First it was a crazy exit out of a gas station that hit the H pipe(I coulda took the turn a bit better), but then I got stuck on a street in the French Quarter that was being ripped up and the damn man hole covers scraped the mid body and even once was unable to avoid a engine/transmission hit(at <1mph). Today Im on a gravel(ungraded) driveway and the h pipe was singing along to the rocks hitting it.

UGH, seriously, can I make a skid plate for the WHOLE underside?

corruptor

Established Member
And here I thought San Francisco roads were shit. I'd be rocking a Raptor instead if I lived in New Orleans.

OP - Have you considered a slightly less aggressive drop? Or gearing up and getting SLIGHTLY taller tires.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
if this is your DD seems kind of irresponsible to have it that low. i will be slamming my next 5.0 but its only a weekend ride.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
His car is not that low, guys. Still, I drive in New Orleans as well and I am rocking the 4x4. Looks like crap, but I avoid most of these issues.

It will be worse, Mike, when you install the LCA relocation brackets, because those hang low on a car with stock ride height.

kingnut

Established Member
His car is not that low, guys. Still, I drive in New Orleans as well and I am rocking the 4x4. Looks like crap, but I avoid most of these issues.

It will be worse, Mike, when you install the LCA relocation brackets, because those hang low on a car with stock ride height.

thats relative to everyones personal opinions. if my 5.0 were my DD in no way would i go more than a pro kit drop. but im 30 yrs old. now back in my early 20's i did have some pretty low cars and they were all DD. but its a PITA a young guy is willing to deal with to look cool.

alex12gt

Established Member
U may wana check the the pipe install if it wasnt jacked up when tightened down it could be hanging lower then it should

ViciousJay

Established Member
thats relative to everyones personal opinions. if my 5.0 were my DD in no way would i go more than a pro kit drop. but im 30 yrs old. now back in my early 20's i did have some pretty low cars and they were all DD. but its a PITA a young guy is willing to deal with to look cool.

This!!!:beer:

Bmr4life

Established Member

The height of a relo bracket is only affected by tire size.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

Better sign you up for an AARP card then. I am 42 and I really don't think his car is that low in person.

lol at relocation bracket comment, it mounts to the rear end of the car, strong logic

Yes, I am aware. Don't be a dick. You are starting to give Danner and Thurber a run for their money in the shithead comments department. The relocation brackets hang lower than any other component, regardless of ride height.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Just make one. You can get aluminum sheet everywhere, 10-8 gauge Al should be enough protection and not add tons of weight.

Users who are viewing this thread