Do pypes long tubes rust?

Bryanh24

Established Member
I emailed steeda and asked them how much it would be to install the pypes long tubes, he told me the price then said that one guy took in his car in and they were completely rusted.. Has anyone had any experiences with their pypes headers rusting? Thanks.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
No rusting here been on for about 4 years. There stainless steel so they wont rust. I think the guy at steeda is full of it and possibly wanting you to buy a more expensive set of headers.

Bryanh24

Established Member
No rusting here been on for about 4 years. There stainless steel so they wont rust. I think the guy at steeda is full of it and possibly wanting you to buy a more expensive set of headers.

That's what I was thinking.. Thanks for the info!! And he quotes me 792 dollars for the install... Is that too much for just the install? I would do it myself if I had a lift but I only have ramps..

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
We did it on jack stands. Install was a bit of a pain. Took a weekend with the k member in. Not sure what a shop should charge for the install.

Bryanh24

Established Member
We did it on jack stands. Install was a bit of a pain. Took a weekend with the k member in. Not sure what a shop should charge for the install.

Yeah.. Just can't deal with putting them on without a lift. Thanks for the info though about them not rusting! I'll be sure to let him know and see what he comes up with lol

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Maybe shop around because I was just reading on a forum a guy had them installed for $300.00. No problem man good luck!

jn2

Established Member
You may what appears likes surface rust, but it's usually just road grime and what not that hit the pipes and just stuck on. They are stainless so they won't rust through

Bryanh24

Established Member
You may what appears likes surface rust, but it's usually just road grime and what not that hit the pipes and just stuck on. They are stainless so they won't rust through

Yeah.. there's no way the pypes rusted out. He was just trying to get my to get the most expensive header I think, I know the kooks are a fantastic quality header but I just can't justify dropping more than 1500 on kooks when the pypes are half of that price.

Flcracker

Established Member
Go to Power by the Hour in Boyton Beach, FL. They're not cheap but they do great work, and they are good honest people over there.

Bryanh24

Established Member
I'd get a couple estimates. Lots of shops down there.

Yep, just did. Half of them don't do install just distribute parts, they all referred me to power by the hour lol. I got a install quote from them and it's a tiny bit cheaper than steeda. They also offered me arh headers with catted x pipe for 2299 installed, good price?

Zemedici

Established Member
Yep, just did. Half of them don't do install just distribute parts, they all referred me to power by the hour lol. I got a install quote from them and it's a tiny bit cheaper than steeda. They also offered me arh headers with catted x pipe for 2299 installed, good price?

yes, especially for ARH stuff. However Steeda does good work, and is reasonable.

khawk952

Established Member

Honestly man if you're looking to save some cash get a buddy to help you and do the install yourself. I did mine on Jack stands and it's not very difficult, just time consuming. I'm no mechanic by any means and this was my first header install ever.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Either go to PBTH or do the install yourself. It's a whole days job on jack stands if you tackle it yourself and leave the K member in the car. The job can be made a ton easier if you get an engine support cradle that sits across the strut towers and then holds the motor up using chains or straps. If you drop the K member, you will have a lot more room to work with.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Id get an extra set of hands and just do it myself. Cant see spending $2300 for installed headers. A lot of money IMO.

jn2

Established Member
Yeah.. there's no way the pypes rusted out. He was just trying to get my to get the most expensive header I think, I know the kooks are a fantastic quality header but I just can't justify dropping more than 1500 on kooks when the pypes are half of that price.

Understandable, I actually went with the Speedmaster headers, they are literally the same as the pypes, you even use the pypes mid type for them.

Bryanh24

Established Member
Understandable, I actually went with the Speedmaster headers, they are literally the same as the pypes, you even use the pypes mid type for them.
I've heard about that. As a matter of fact I really looked into those and considered them.. I honestly don't know why I stopped looking at them. Would by any chance have a link for them? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread