do not mod car

FlashSVT

Established Member
Click click click,,,pop, pop, pop
Under what conditions?

Reason I ask is I have a strange "popping/clunk" sound I hear from the left/rear side of the car; somewhere in the suspension or driveline. I've had it since day one and it only happens when turning, more often on uneven ground.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by FlashSVT
Under what conditions?

Reason I ask is I have a strange "popping/clunk" sound I hear from the left/rear side of the car; somewhere in the suspension or driveline. I've had it since day one and it only happens when turning, more often on uneven ground.
I remember the '01 guys talking about a pop and it turned out to be the trunklid stops needing adjustment or lubrication. I think I've heard it once on either side, one right-hand (left pop) turn one left-hand (right pop) turn, both going up an inclined driveway...

FlashSVT

Established Member
I remember the '01 guys talking about a pop and it turned out to be the trunklid stops needing adjustment or lubrication. I think I've heard it once on either side, one right-hand (left pop) turn one left-hand (right pop) turn, both going up an inclined driveway...
Worth a try . . . thanks!

Silver 03 Cobra

Ford is in business to make money.

I ran at Rockingham Friday night and I got to make only four passes because of rain. It is a threee hour drive home on a lot of two lane stop and go. My car drove as normal. I drove a little Saturday and it ran fine. I parked it and cleaned the interior and washed it this morning. When I went to put the car in first on my way to work it wouldn't hardly go. It fianlly went into gear but it jumped out. I put it back in and it jumped out again. I put it in second and it went in fine and I pulled out onto the road. I sped up and shifted into third and it jumped out. It would not stay in third period.

The whole way to work I'm trying to think what could be wrong. i pulled my shift boot to run a power line for my shift light. I thought well maybe the wire or the boot is interferring with the stops. I thought that maybe slamming the gears into the shifter stop on my Pro 5.0 maybe the nut backed off and the bolt moved forward. I pulled the boot and the nut on the stop bolt was tight. The problem seemed to go away as I got to work. I backed it off slightly at work. I drove it around and it seemed fine. My problem is if I did something to it or if it is a warranty item. I will pay for it and not expect Ford to pay for my dumbass mistake. I hit all my shifts at the track and it drove fine thereafter. It still bugs the hell out of me.

NickSVT03

Established Member
Re: Do not Mod...if you can't pay

Originally posted by stan03
Racing and abuse are not covered and dealerships can cancel your warranty.It is most likely when a ford tech support person looks at a vehicle with unusual or very expensive repairs.
Don't Play If You Can't Pay.
With pulleys my techs and fords can tell...even if you remove it.
No "black boxes"...not in fords.

:bash:

Are you the owner of the ford dealership in Desoto? We bought an 02 explorer from you last year. I love the 93 and 95 R's on your sales floor! Wish I could afford the 100k you want for them!:(

stan03

Established Member
Yes,we are in Desoto.I still have my '93 and '95 R cobra's,I might come off the 100k a little.I do have a standing offer of 40k for the '95 and many at 30 and 35k on the'93.Not selling out yet,both cars are showroom kept and never modified or raced.I dream of having them when they turn 20yrs old and are the only pair together at the delivering dealer...cool I think.
I had a guy from a "dream book mag" come shoot the two together as a reader dreamed of having the pair.
I love cars...it helps me through some rough days.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra

Awesome! I have this problem and this sounds like a great place to start. I'll silicone lubricate the trunklid stops and try side loading it again by pulling out of the driveway one wheel at a time (sideways). Hope it works! Thanks Jimbo!

cyclops

straight out of the official ford svt website, how many of us were sold on pictures like this? would this be considered abuse?

Cobra'03

Established Member
I like it! Let's file a class action stating that we were deceived by these ads, and that Ford has misrepresented the "proper and normal use" of its product. :lol:

They apparently do not void own warranties - just ours to pay for the rear ends they bust doing "promotionals". What a joke.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by cyclops5
straight out of the official ford svt website, how many of us were sold on pictures like this? would this be considered abuse?

I dunno? stan03, any comment?

f4sfed

Established Member

As shown in the picture above, abuse is okay.

It's modding, and respecting your newfound horsepower, that's frowned upon.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Yes,we are in Desoto.I still have my '93 and '95 R cobra's,I might come off the 100k a little.I do have a standing offer of 40k for the '95 and many at 30 and 35k on the'93.Not selling out yet,both cars are showroom kept and never modified or raced.I dream of having them when they turn 20yrs old and are the only pair together at the delivering dealer...cool I think.
I had a guy from a "dream book mag" come shoot the two together as a reader dreamed of having the pair.

I'm surprised some 2000 R owner hasn't stopped by and made you an offer. Could you imagine having one each of all 3 R's. Man, that would be awesome.

CobraTone

Established Member
Damn, you guys are making me rethink modding my car! I'm still in college, no way in hell I could pay for something if it wasn't covered under warranty. Oh well, stock power is plenty for me, until I graduate that is.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraTone
Damn, you guys are making me rethink modding my car! I'm still in college, no way in hell I could pay for something if it wasn't covered under warranty. Oh well, stock power is plenty for me, until I graduate that is.
That's why there's nothing in my sig. Not that I have any modifications. And I would never think of adding any aftermarket part. And that one guy thought I was FOS even though I wasn't talking about his organization.

Trader

Established Member
The dealer i am buying the car from stated that i could put in a lightening pully, new exhaust, has to have cats,headers new cai. He said a chip and a pully smaller than the truck one is a no no. Just take them off before you bring it in.

Its all going to depend on the dealer. I really doubt that the rears in these cars are going to be able to withstand constant 450+rwhp with slicks abuse without going out. I dont knwo alot about the rears. Is there anyway you can make them stronger?????

haskett

Established Member
Originally posted by Trader
The dealer i am buying the car from stated that i could put in a lightening pully, new exhaust, has to have cats,headers new cai. He said a chip and a pully smaller than the truck one is a no no. Just take them off before you bring it in.

Its all going to depend on the dealer. I really doubt that the rears in these cars are going to be able to withstand constant 450+rwhp with slicks abuse without going out. I dont knwo alot about the rears. Is there anyway you can make them stronger?????

I hope you have all of that in writing. What happens if you blow a major part and the local Ford rep gets involved and denies the warranty ?

NickSVT03

Established Member

I would NEVER sell those cars. I remember driving up that sat and my jaw dropping when I saw them on the showroom floor and then I find out that both are brand new and have never been titled, I almost sold my house to buy them. You have a great dealership, I called you guys before I bought my white 03 but unfortunately you didnt have any left.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member

They'll probably tell you the smoke was done with a CO-2 fire extinguisher, not by burning the tires!

Users who are viewing this thread