Do JLT pre-filters work well?

Tarball

Established Member
I got one and put it on my drivers side this weekend. Even after sitting since 7pm last night there was still a nice coat of oil on the stock elbow when I went to put the filter on at 4:30 this morning, so I'm sure its sucking a nice amount of oil through. I still need to put it on the passenger side. The car doesn't burn much oil though, maybe 1/4qt ever 5000 miles, but I have notices some build up on the throttle blades.

Is it safe to just put an open air filter on the other side? or do they BOTH need to be either open air or connected, not one and the other.

Last edited:

Tremor

NO MERCY
I got one and put it on my drivers side this weekend. Even after sitting since 7pm last night there was still a nice coat of oil on the stock elbow when I went to put the filter on at 4:30 this morning, so I'm sure its sucking a nice amount of oil through. I still need to put it on the passenger side. The car doesn't burn much oil though, maybe 1/4qt ever 5000 miles, but I have notices some build up on the throttle blades.

Is it safe to just put an open air filter on the other side? or do they BOTH need to be either open air or connected, not one and the other.

Do you have a SC or NA ?

Consider a catch can. :read:

See below

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3161-make-your-own-oil-seperator-21-a-12.html

BlueVenom01

Established Member

Yes the pre filters do work well imo...

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
In my experience the JLT pre-filters get clogged/saturated and stop working. A catch can, separator or breathers will work better.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Why do you have to do both sides? I only have a catch can on the passenger side.

You should have the separator coming off of the driver's side PCV valve. That way it "catches" the oil that would otherwise be sucked into the upper intake manifold.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member

Those little things don't do very much at all. The "pressure drop" those provide to allow oil condensation is neglible. If you're going to go the catch-can route go aftermarket, or at the least, run something larger than in the above thread.

This is what I run. It's a Husky/Campbell Hausfeld water separator from Home Depot - $22 and about 3 times as big as smaller units.

Tremor

NO MERCY
Those little things don't do very much at all. The "pressure drop" those provide to allow oil condensation is neglible. If you're going to go the catch-can route go aftermarket, or at the least, run something larger than in the above thread.

This is what I run. It's a Husky/Campbell Hausfeld water separator from Home Depot - $22 and about 3 times as big as smaller units.

I purchased this one :beer:

cc5.gif

cc4.gif

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers

Just in case Cobraracer46 comes in here...

Tremor

NO MERCY
breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers breathers

Just in case Cobraracer46 comes in here...

VirtualSVT

You Sir post too much 15k post :lol1:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
It will help keep the engine from burning oil so yeah, its a good idea to do

Users who are viewing this thread