Do I take the plunge??

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
I own a 13' GT Premium, bought Dec 28/12, Special ordered, fully loaded other than glass roof, back-up sensor, & recaros...

Deep Impact BLue, Saddle Leather interior, 6MT, 22,000 KM, always serviced at dealer on time....

THinking about trading for a 03 Redfire Cobra with 33,000 Miles..... My car is basically stock other than borla atak axleback, steeda bullit control arms (lower rear) and 55d brembo springs from brembo50.com.... oh yea, it also has a gt500 front end conversion pulled from a 2013 gt500

He is asking 25,000 Canadian & will give approx 5K ontop.... should I take the bait? Ever since i was 16-17 I have wanted a cobra, and now might be the time to take it..... what you guys think.... he only wants to sell so he can use it more as he does not drive the cobra enough and wants something a little more practical & i only want to sell so i can have a cobra.... I have not been driving my 5.0 enough lately and think its time to get a collector that i dont plan to drive much.... my car will depreciate, while this cobra will keep going up in price as time goes on & long as its not driven lots & stays in as good as condition that he says... :)

The Appearance is stock, with original wheels, paint, and 275 tires all around.

THis is taken from his ad.

"Car is from California, was imported in 2010.
The mileage is 33000 miles
It is extremely clean
It's only a sunny day car and a summer car.

- K&N intake
- Billetflow 2.93 pulley and 100mm idler
- Sct chip and dyno tuned by Mopac
- Bassani or/x pipe (I have custom slip in cats for the x pipe)
- Polished Borla Stinger Cat back (sounds amazing)
- Mgw orange handle short shifter
- Speed of Sound dual gauge pillar pod
- Aem air/fuel gauge
- Aero force digital gauge

Car put down 430rwhp and 471rwtq(have dyno sheets)

**Also have every receipt for the car in a binder and original window sticker, svt certificate in frames***"

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
I wouldn't trade a one year old car for an 11 year old car, but maybe that's just me.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
Weekend toy for me.... i believe he wants more a DD

If i traded i probably wouldnt even drive it this year very much as i just bought a house & will be too busy with that & i need my truck insured for renos....

plus i could sell the GF's $500 Foxbody and buy her a decent commuter thats a little more reliable...

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Make sure you drive the terminator first. The two cars drive VASTLY different. If you like your quiet cabin, decent road manors, quality materials etc. you may find yourself wanting with the terminator after the "newness" of the trade wear off.

Zemedici

Established Member
ehhhh....I drive a cobra and idk if I would trade a 5.0 for one :D

That cobra better be MINT.

Pics of your car?

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
I have a better question, are u high???????

slightly... ? :)
mustangbumper (3).jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If youre looking for that weekend car that will hold its value higher and longer, that will have more of a rarity factor when you go to mustang meets, go for it.

However, like said before, the driving characteristics of both vary greatly. The S197 is smoother and more refined, better build quality/materials, quieter, newer so less likely to have rattles/squeaks/etc. The cobra, while still very docile, will be more harsh, brutal and unforgiving.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
My dad has the same model as you. I would still take the Cobra. Does the GT handle better, ride smoother, have better MPG, quieter, and have a superior chasis?.....YES!

Is it more fun than a terminator?.....HELL NO!!!

If it's not your DD I would take the Cobra in a heartbeat and pocket the extra cash.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
I have my 86' Ranger Turbo Diesel as my DD & gets 30MPG so im not worried about that... looking for a weekend warrior with more power & a built engine made for boost....

its either that or Boost my Coyote in 5 years or less & eventually have to build the whole engine, which is just a money pit....

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
looking for a weekend warrior with more power & a built engine made for boost....

its either that or Boost my Coyote in 5 years or less & eventually have to build the whole engine, which is just a money pit....

Your coyote can handle upwards of 600whp fwiw. Yeah if you want more reliably youll need to build the engine but guess what, same with the 03/04, it too starts to get reliability issues past that. Yeah most get away with it, but not all.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
Your coyote can handle upwards of 600whp fwiw. Yeah if you want more reliably youll need to build the engine but guess what, same with the 03/04, it too starts to get reliability issues past that. Yeah most get away with it, but not all.

I dont plan on getting anything over 550whp. For what it has already, 430rwhp & 470RWTQ, ill be plenty happy for a long time to come... plus it is a litte lighter than my 13' weighing over 3800#

Users who are viewing this thread