Do I need to upgrade fuel pump/injectors?

toennee

Established Member
So about 5 months ago I bought an 08 GT500 from a dealer out of state so they were unable to provide a lot of info on the car. What I can tell you is it came with 2.6 upper, BBK longtubes, offroad x pipe, Magnaflo axle back, JLT intake, and a custom tune. I have purchased, 15% lower, 13/14 heat exchanger, 3x coolant tank, and ported m122. I am undecided but if I can find a deal on a 65mm TB I may also add that. Will I need to or would there be any advantage to upgrading to bigger injectors and fuel pumps?

Thanks

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
No, you should be fine. With that 15% lower and stock upper pulley your probanly at 11lbs if boost. The port job just makes the SC more efficient and will help the engine pull less timing.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If youre fortunate to have 93 octane as your premium fuel, you should be fine with that pulley combo. For those of us out west with shit 91... that combo would cause some issues lol

toennee

Established Member
If youre fortunate to have 93 octane as your premium fuel, you should be fine with that pulley combo. For those of us out west with shit 91... that combo would cause some issues lol
We are lucky and have 93 everywhere. And there are a few places with 100 and 110.

Users who are viewing this thread