Do i need to change injectors to run a K/B

selbor

Established Member
I am planning to install a K/B blower on my car which is a 2004 cobra, i dont want to run more than 13 lbs psi of boost, which are the expected hp that i can get and do i need to replace injectors for bigger ones? Please any information will be greatly appreciated.

Juiced-03

Established Member
13 psi? No.

I probably would just for safe measure though. You won't stay at 13psi forever anyway. Might as well just get it done with and get some 55 or 60lb'ers

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Originally posted by RDSZ
I have the stock injector with the kb chip and bap and the A/F is safe this is with 21psi

you sir are crazy :??: What HP numbers are you making

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by Neoclasiccl
you sir are crazy :??: What HP numbers are you making

Last dyno at 21psi was 623rwhp and 585tq but planing on going 17psi and the 55 injectors to run on pump gas just like your set up.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Originally posted by RDSZ
Last dyno at 21psi was 623rwhp and 585tq but planing on going 17psi and the 55 injectors to run on pump gas just like your set up.

I am just amazed you didn't run lean. Nice numbers but I wouldn't try it lol :beer:

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Why would you invest all of that money into a KB and only go 13#'s? If I am going to dump some serious money into a KB or Whipple I want some serious results.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Chonger
Why would you invest all of that money into a KB and only go 13#'s? If I am going to dump some serious money into a KB or Whipple I want some serious results.
agreed. you'll be happier with a old style apten and a 2.76.

Wildcat

Established Member
With 13 lbs you will be fine. The KB is much more effecient that the Eaton. You should turn between 500 and 550 HP depending on your mods. You can go with a bigger pulley later and switch to the 55 lb injectors and go over the 600 hp mark.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Wildcat
With 13 lbs you will be fine. The KB is much more effecient that the Eaton. You should turn between 500 and 550 HP depending on your mods. You can go with a bigger pulley later and switch to the 55 lb injectors and go over the 600 hp mark.
have you ever raced a pullied cobra? what was the outcome?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
i once raced a kb cobra that wasnt running right, and it was dead even, with my pulley.... hehe

Marc

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Originally posted by Wildcat
I doubt he will have that much power. The KB is MUCH more efficent, but 13#'s is not going to yeild that much power. Two locals raced a while ago, 1 KB @15#'s, and the other had an Apten and a 2.80. The cars looked like they were glued together going down the road.

Griffin

Established Member
I agree. Even at 17psi you aren't going to see a huge difference between a Apten 2.80 Eaton and a KB Cobra.....

And I would do the injector swap while you have the Eaton out....

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Chonger
While your at it I suggest you start squirreling away some money for a new short block too.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
The difference being...the apten and 2.8 pullied cobra will last 50,000 miles, and the KB at 13 psi will last 100,000.

But otherwise, they're the same speed, yes.

You get what you pay for.

** waits for the obligatory know-it-all to say, "if you think you're going to get 100,000 miles out of a KB car, you're crazy, blah, blah, blah...**

Last edited:

golfprowanabe

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
** waits for the obligatory know-it-all to say, "if you think you're going to get 100,000 miles out of a KB car, you're crazy, blah, blah, blah...**

Nope..... just going to say... how in the world do you know that an apten eaton with a 2.80 is only going to get 50k:lol: :beer:

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
prepare to be smoked at 13 psi, even by a Cobra that has 13 psi with an eaton, just my .02

and no you odnt need injectors at 13 psi

Users who are viewing this thread