Do I need the pprv delete?

orlo

Established Member
Hey guys,

Finally got my ported 03 cobra tuned yesterday. Before the tune, I was running an email base map for the mods (which include a BAP). I noticed that when shifting at WOT, there would be a split second hesitation and boost drop for a split second, then the car would build power and boost normally again all the way to redline. If I go WOT at a low rpm and take it to redline without shifting, the problem does not occur. After the car was dyno tuned, I noticed that this issue is still there. I did some research and I found that a lot of ported guys with the BAP had this issue and the pprv delete fixed it instantly. I really don't think it's in the tune since it happened on both my email base map tune and my separate dyno tune. Also, this never happened before getting ported. Anyone have experience with this?

Also, if it is the pprv, is it safe to drive until I can get the delete? Thanks guys!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
when you say "split second hesitation", does that mean the same thing as - completely falls on its face for a second...then power kicks right back in like it never missed a beat?

because i get the pprv hesitation thing too on occasions...and when mine DOES do it, its almost like the engine completely shuts off for a second, then comes right back to life...and during that brief second, the car falls on its face HARD.

i will be doing the pprv delete before TOO much longer. when i do get around to doing it, i will be taking the same route as another member on the forums. he was able to find these gas lines, that are much more affordable than the ones that lethal sell. he also shows how he did HIS pprv delete (with pics). here is the link to his thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/762154-my-pprv-delete.html

orlo

Established Member
yes, the car falls on it's face for a split second right after I shift. The more I search, the more I'm leaning towards the pprv delete being an instant fix. BTW, thanks for that link!

mach1033

Established Member
Mine did the same thing back in 07 with my 2.3 whipple. But instead of the pprv delete I just went with the Fore hat. The pprv delete will be the cheaper option just make sure none of the lines get kinked or you will be dropping the tank again.

orlo

Established Member
Is it okay to drive around with or do I need to park her until I do the delete?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
you're fine driving with it. it isnt going to hurt anything. its just annoying as shit (when it happens). for me it doesnt happen all that often. a lot of people say if you shift real fast, or shift faster, then you have a better chance of it not happening...but it seems its the exact opposite for me. its usually when im trying to shift real fast and WOT that it happens for me. but if i granny shift and WOT it rarely occurs. but no...you dont have to park your car until you do the delete. it will be fine until then.

The PPRV delete is a great mod. I've had mine almost 5 years now and it made the car so much more enjoyable to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread