Do i need another MAF?

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
I just recently bought a steggy stage 4, with tb and plenium. my question is, am i gonna need a bigger MAF? i already got a predator programmer. If i do need a bigger maf, which one?

Thanx!

Kenny

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Kenny04Cobra said:
2.8 upper, stock er'thing else. also, if i get a sct maf, is it compatible with my predator?

Kenny

Your going to be very very close if not peggin' it. The SCT MAF or Mafia will work fine, either one requires a custom tune.

I was all about getting a SCT MAF but im realizing it does the exact same thing as a MAFia and more for cheaper.

Last edited:

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
04CobraMatt said:
Your going to be very very close if not peggin' it. The SCT MAF or Mafia will work fine, either one requires a custom tune.

I was all about getting a SCT MAF but im realizing it does the exact same thing as a MAFia and more for cheaper.

hmm.. food for thought.. thanx alot! :beer:

Anybody else?

Kenny

VoodooSNK

Established Member
If you're planning on going bigger later the SCT is going to be more beneficial, but if you just want the 2.8 and ported eaton the MAFia will suffice.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
VoodooSNK said:
If you're planning on going bigger later the SCT is going to be more beneficial, but if you just want the 2.8 and ported eaton the MAFia will suffice.

How do you figure?

the MAFia @ full strengh has MORE headroom than any SCT MAF.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
04CobraMatt said:
How do you figure?

the MAFia @ full strengh has MORE headroom than any SCT MAF.
You can still put the MAFia on an SCT MAF. Also, from what I've read, I was under the impression that the SCT MAF was capable of handling more air effectively.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
VoodooSNK said:
You can still put the MAFia on an SCT MAF. Also, from what I've read, I was under the impression that the SCT MAF was capable of handling more air effectively.

I thought the same thing until i saw this thread @ modularford.com

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f17/maf-question-92394.html

by RWTD
"Consider the fact that a MAFia allows for the stock Lightning/Cobra MAF (same MAF) to sample up to approx. the following:

MAFia on setting 2 (5.5v): 2293.86 kg/hr
MAFia on setting 3 (6v): 2947.66 kg/hr
(there's additional voltage settings, too, tho you won't need them)

The old style BA MAFs sample approx.:

BA2400: 2400 kg/hr
BA2800: 2800 kg/hr"

Fuerza

Established Member
You need to datalog your car, for fuel pumps, MAF and injectors.

FYI I run a 2.76 with a stage 1.5 Eaton with a powerstack CAI and Magnaflow CB exhaust. I have a MAFia on my car and I'm getting ready to install a BAP. My car needed more fuel pump volume. My pumps are pegged at 5500RPMs.

Users who are viewing this thread