do I need an alignment after i change my struts?

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
I just put in a front strut from an 03 cobra and when i put it on the ground to go work on the other side the wheel looked all jacked up (top of rim tilting outward and bottom tilting inward)

did i somehow mess something up?

EDIT UPDATE:
well i put both in and the alignment isnt off by much at all, if i wasnt looking for it to be off i wouldnt notice most likely...but the wheels still have that slight bowed look...

onto another problem.. i replaced the Koni's because everytime i hit a bump id hear a metal crunch/collapse/smash kinda sound so i picked up these 03 struts for cheap...well i went for a ride and the noise is still there..

so far this summer i have done the following to my front suspension:

03 a-arms and ball joints
H&R race springs
03 struts
MM sway bar endlinks

what could be making this noise?

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Alignment? In short= Yes, a good idea. Even though without CC plates there isn't much adjustment.

Was the tilt still there after driving it some?

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
what do you mean normal? like it will correct itself and this is to be expected with shock changes

or normal like buy CC plates and get and aligned normal?

thanks Stampede3!!

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
The springs and spring isolators will settle the first few miles you drive her. An alignment is not necessary but recommended. Personally I'd wait until you get c/c plates, unless it is going to be a long time for them.

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
well i put both in and the alignment isnt off by much at all, if i wasnt looking for it to be off i wouldnt notice most likely...but the wheels still have that slight bowed look...

onto another problem.. i replaced the Koni's because everytime i hit a bump id hear a metal crunch/collapse/smash kinda sound so i picked up these 03 struts for cheap...well i went for a ride and the noise is still there..

so far this summer i have done the following to my front suspension:

03 a-arms and ball joints
H&R race springs
03 struts
MM sway bar endlinks

what could be making this noise?

My94GT

Established Member
dont waste your time till you get cc plates. you really dont have much adjustment untill then anyway

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
the end link bushings are brand new maybe 500 miles.. did it with the old factory ones too now i have MM

My94GT

Established Member
for the noise hows your strut top bushings?? are they old or new? old worn ones will tend to make those noises in most cars ive ever seen. i could be wrong but i figure id toss that out there.

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
the bushings are from 1996 id assume ( didnt do the first strut swap) but they look in real good condition.. I hate random noises...

Users who are viewing this thread