do I need alignment?

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I am installing a set of Eibach sportlines in my car, and am wondering if I need to get an alignment. Also installing a complete set of prothane bushings.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I am installing a set of Eibach sportlines in my car, and am wondering if I need to get an alignment. Also installing a complete set of prothane bushings.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I would recommend an alignment. I'd even recommend caster/camber plates. Make sure they dial in more caster and keep the negative camber from getting too ridiculous. Which bushings are being replaced exactly?

Black Stang 97

Established Member
I would recommend you replace them while your in there. They blow out shortly after you lower the car if they are not already blown...

For lowered cars I have read that its a good idea to go with fox body struts/shocks as they are shorter and work closer to their designed limit...

For brand... I say you cant go wrong with Tokico Illuminas..5 way adjustable..

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I'd do the caster camber plates while you're at it. However, you can just use springs but do get an alignment.

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I would recommend you replace them while your in there. They blow out shortly after you lower the car if they are not already blown...

For lowered cars I have read that its a good idea to go with fox body struts/shocks as they are shorter and work closer to their designed limit...

For brand... I say you cant go wrong with Tokico Illuminas..5 way adjustable..

Thanks to all for your input. I will change out the shocks for sure as I have heard similar stories of OEM shocks blowing out after lowering, just wanted to get some one else's input. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread