Do I need adjustable LCA, UCA, or both??

NIXDSG

Established Member
Hello,

I starting my car preperation for 650ish power level and am in need of some advice. My intention is adding the supporting mods, I think Revan Racing supports all these listed.
Step 1:
BMR LCA
BMR UCA and Mount
DSS
BMR safety hoop

Step2:
Race Star wheels (17x4 and 15x10??)

My question is do I need either the upper or lower control arms to be adjustable?

Two reasons for adjustable: angle and location. But I want to mantain some level of NVH compliance.

I measured the front to rear distance with my stock configuration. It's tough to tell, but it looks like there is less then 1/8" difference between the two sides.

Thanks,
Nic

Van@RevanRacing

Hello,

I starting my car preperation for 650ish power level and am in need of some advice. My intention is adding the supporting mods, I think Revan Racing supports all these listed.
Step 1:
BMR LCA
BMR UCA and Mount
DSS
BMR safety hoop

Step2:
Race Star wheels (17x4 and 15x10??)

My question is do I need either the upper or lower control arms to be adjustable?

Two reasons for adjustable: angle and location. But I want to mantain some level of NVH compliance.

I measured the front to rear distance with my stock configuration. It's tough to tell, but it looks like there is less then 1/8" difference between the two sides.

Thanks,
Nic

Nic

You obviously have plans on drag racing at some level. The adjustable upper control arm and mount enable you to dial in the drive shaft pinion angle. The adjustable lower control arms and lower control arm relocation brackets enable you to dial in a better instant center with the UCA as well as adjust your thrust angle when launching the car as well as helping the car to track straight going down the quarter mile or driving down the street.

Van

NIXDSG

Established Member
Yes, test/tune and fun is my intention. I'm also not interested in getting my ass kicked at a street light, been there due to spinning tires. But no plans for competitive racing. That being said, all my test/tune has been done with slipping the cluch with original street tires. To date I've done consisitant 1.9 (even 1.88) on stock tires and suspention with my old '03 Cobra, I'm hoping for much better with this GT500 using a more agressive, but still slipping, launch.

I didn't mention LCA relocation brackets in my original post because I was given the impression that I didn't need them, I do not plan on changing the ride height beyond the current SVTPP ride height. Do I need to change my instant center thus needing LCA brackets? If they are needed I'll gladly add the relocation brackets, if added traction is provided.

Still, I'd still like to understand if both upper and lower adjustable needed. I'm just wanting to undertand where the value is ADDED vs. $$ wasted. I'm hoping to get your guidance in understanding the benefit, I'm new to this level of detail.

Thanks.
Nic

Van@RevanRacing

You need the adjustable upper control arm to dial in the proper pinion angle due to the one piece drive shaft.

The LCA relo brackets enable a better instant center and better anti-squat geometry. I use single adjustable lower control arms so we can adjust the thrust angle for better initial traction and bite.

Users who are viewing this thread