Do I need a re-tune after specific pulley swap

88foxbod

Established Member
I'm sure your brain is yelling YES!
But my question is, I have a 2.76 upper with the stock lower putting down 15lbs.
I also have a 2.93 upper with a 4lb lower sitting in my garage that I hear also puts down 15lbs.
Since it's putting out the same PSI do I need a re-tune?

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I say yes you'll be fine.

I had a tune that was on the rich side (low 11's) from Amazon that I was running with 15lbs of boost on my Whipple. I went to 16lbs and no change on the AFR and now I'm at 17lbs with no noticable change in the AFR. I say datalog it but I'm beginning to think people on this site over tune, or claim you need to retune for every little thing when its really not necessary. If the MAF curve is right and injector settings are in I think you should be fine no matter what.

Ford2ner

Established Member
Lol I agree. There is a commanded AFR depending on the load throttle % etc so it should stay at that AFR even if you change the boost until you run out of fuel. Like I change my pulley from a 3.75 to a 3.25 and go without changing a thing on the tune.

88foxbod

Established Member
Good deal, thanks for the insight. Hopefully have her up and running this upcoming week. That is if my valve covers are fully cured and I get my roller rocker back on that somehow was off just laying on the head :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread