do i need a new clutch?

acmsheva7

Established Member
I recently put a new stock clutch in my 97 cobra, i went racing tonight and after launching my car several times, the shifter became real hard to get into any gear at idle, after the car moves, the shifter becomes softer and seems normal. what could be wrong, is it my clutch? :shrug:
and in case i need a new clutch what would be a better option spec 1 or king cobra? im in a budget right now so those fit my bill right now :cryying:

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
i get the same deal when i drive the car around for a while. real bitch to get it into gear. once the car has cooled down the problem goes away...

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Could it be the synchros? Mine are a little messed up and for example, it won't want to go into reverse so I have to move the car forward a few inches and shift while it's moving.

acmsheva7

Established Member
i went to the mechanic today and they fix my problem. My new clutch has 500 miles now, he said that it was adjusted to low(same level as brake pedal)and told it needed to be a little bit more high, so he adjusted it that way and now i have really smooth shifts :D so im really happy now that i dont have to spend some extra $$$ instead i can save and get some mods :banana:

BTW sorry if my senteces or explanations are a bit confusing, but i have a hard time translating mechanic terms from spanish to english :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread